Palladium is seeking a Team Leader for an upcoming Investment Promotion Programme (IPP) funded by the UK Department for International Trade (DIT).
The programme aims to increase economic growth, productivity and job creation through a combination of technical assistance, capacity building and assistance to investment promotion agencies (IPAs) in the target countries of India, Nigeria, Philippines and South Africa.
By facilitating greater foreign direct investment to the target countries, the programme aims to drive sustainable and ethical job creation with an emphasis on women and disadvantaged groups. The project Team Leader, based out of London, will be responsible for the overall management of programme delivery and overseeing in-country leadership. This role is contingent on contract award.
The Team Leader acts as the central point of leadership for the programme. The Team Leader will be responsible for representing the programme with a range of partners, government stakeholders and external organisations and individuals, including regularly reporting to DIT, and maintaining strong working relationships with other development programmes.
- Lead the design of the project strategy and adaptation throughout programme delivery
- Working closely with in-country leadership to deliver effective technical assistance and investment promotion support
- Provide technical oversight as needed in fields related to economic development, investment promotion, capacity building and training
- Developing strong working relationships with the programme’s contact points in the target IPAs, Government, DIT and other donor programmes in the economic reform and investment space, and leading on reporting to them, through both formal and informal channels.
- Manages relationships with the country governments, IPAs, project partners and stakeholders and business partners.
- Develop strong working relationships and a regular dialogue on programme progress and challenges with relevant Palladium staff.
- Provide guidance, oversight and quality assurance for all project activities, Outputs and deliverables.
- Assume overall responsibility for the effective implementation of work plans to ensure delivery is on time, within budget, meets Client and stakeholder expectations and is contractually compliant.
- Monitor implementation progress; maintain up to date project logs and registers; work to resolve issues, manages and mitigates risks; and escalate material issues and risks as appropriate.
- Develop and implement plans for results measurement, monitoring and evaluation, knowledge management, value for money analysis and communication management.
- Extensive experience in investment promotion, business enabling environments and investment climate initiatives
- Experience in leading the strategic and operational elements of large-scale economic development programmes
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to manage remote and matrixed teams effectively and build team spirit
- Strong networking skills with a track record of building credibility with senior representatives of governments and IPAs
- Understanding of and interest in promoting ethical and sustainability concerns related to foreign direct investment, particularly regarding corruption
- Experience designing and delivering job creation programmes with an emphasis on gender, disability and income dis-aggregated outcomes would be highly beneficial