Project title: EU for Serbia - Support to the Prosecutorial System
Brief description: The overall objective of the project is to contribute to the advancement of Serbia’s judicial system and Rule of Law in line with the EU accession requirements.
The purpose of the project is to strengthen the capacities of the State Prosecutorial Council (SPC) and Republic Public Prosecutor’s Office (RPPO) in key areas for the execution of their mandate, including enhancing the managerial skills of the SPC and RPPO staff, monitor and manage PPOs, daily operations, to develop mechanism for career development of prosecutors, and to improve the effectiveness of disciplinary proceedings.
Results to be achieved:
- Result 1: Enhanced strategic planning, human resources and financial management capacity and skills of the SPC and RPPOs and its staff and streamlining the relevant policies, decision making structures, internal procedures and workflows.
- Result 2: Enhanced effectiveness of merit-based career development policy, the evaluation system and procedures within prosecutorial system.
- Result 3: Human resources strategic documents for SPC and PPOs are produced.
- Result 4: Effectiveness of cooperation between SPC and PPOs is enhanced.
Based in Belgrade, the Team Leader will have overall responsibility for the management, coordination and effective functioning of the project including the timely and effective implementation of project activities conducted in close cooperation and coordination with beneficiary stakeholders and the preparation of progress, financial and other reports. The Team Leader will be responsible for management and oversight of the project team and the non-key experts.
Commencement date of the project: (provisionally) September 2020
Duration of the assignment: minimum 400 working days over 24 months
Qualifications and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in law
- A post-graduate degree (Master’s and/or PhD) in law, economics, HR, political science will be considered as an asset;
- Knowledge of Serbian language would be an advantage.
General professional experience
- Minimum 7 years of relevant post-graduate professional experience working on justice sector reform initiatives.
Specific professional experience
- Experience in leading teams in the field of judicial reform gained in minimum one country beneficiary of IPA II assistance (Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Iceland, Kosovo6, Montenegro, Serbia Turkey, North Macedonia);
- Experience in at least two projects dealing with capacity building of the judiciary bodies;
- Experience on a position of a prosecutor would be an advantage;
- Knowledge of the Republic of Serbia justice sector normative and institutional framework will be considered as an advantage.