Project: Nigeria climate change response programme - NCCRP
Engagement: 800 working days
Start: Sep 2019
Duration of the project: 48 months
The overall objective of the project is to support the development and implementation of Nigerian Climate Change Response Program (NCCRP) to guarantee country’s economic growth and development strategies while meeting its conditional 45% NDC targets by 2030.
The specific objective is to contribute to the creation of Nigeria’s GHG emission profile with the aim of pinpointing mitigation actions reducing energy use and costs in favor of renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions. This will be mainly achieved through the creation of sectoral MRVs (e.g. for energy and waste sectors) and a waste baseline.
Qualifications and skills
General professional experience
- As a minimum, a relevant university degree, preferably with an MSc, or equivalent, in law, environmental sciences or international relations or other related field.
- Excellent fluency in written and spoken English; required ability to be permanently based in Nigeria for around 4 years.
- As a minimum high quality analytical and document drafting skills, which can be demonstrated by reference to a recent (the previous 3 years) report that he/she has authored.
Specific professional experience
- Demonstrable capacity to efficiently manage a project involving the multiple counterparts/teams, to be proven by experience involving a team of at least 5 members, within the past 8 years.
- At least 12 years of professional experience relevant to the purpose of this contract, out of which at least 5 years of experience must be in an African country.
- As a minimum, two project references related to the subject matter of the current contract in African countries.
- Demonstrable knowledge and very good understanding of the environmental and climate change mechanisms, systems and of the international climate negotiation process.
- Knowledge of Nigeria’s situation in the field of environment and/or energy and/or waste management is regarded as a strong advantage.
Demonstrable experience in capacity development in African context, as regards any of the following (as demonstrated by list of recent projects of this kind, and brief mention of the responsibility in the project):
- Environmental and climate change negotiation process – INDC-NDC, institutional and legislative capacity building.
- Developing climate policies and measures.
- Demonstrable experience in leading national or multi-national or regional projects related to environment and climate change (including experience in coordination of teams of at least 5 members) of at least 2 years, as well as an understanding of legal and implementation issues, particularly with regard to energy and waste management.
About the Organization
Human Dynamics is a leading European provider of consulting services for the public sector with more than 120 projects implemented in 30 countries worldwide. Currently, Human Dynamics and its 300 experts and consultants advise more than 40 ministries and public/government agencies worldwide. You are welcome on our website for more details: www.humandynamics.org