: European Union – Central Asia water, environment and climate change cooperation
: Long-term, minimum 500 working days (at least 70% in the region)
The overall objective of the project of which this contract will be a part is as follows: to promote sustainable development and circular economy in Central Asia.The purposes of this contract are as follows:
To enhance environment, climate change and water policies at national levels in CA and approximate them to EU standards; and
To promote informed green investments in the relevant sectors with the aim of contributing to measurable reductions in man-made pollution.The expected results (outputs) of the project are:
Result 1: Environmental policies and frameworks, including on water and climate change, developed.
Result 2: Environment-friendly infrastructure investments contributing to measurable reductions in man- made pollution identified/developed and submitted to IFIs for consideration.
Result 3: Improved environmental awareness among decision-makers, industry and civil society.
Qualifications and skills
General professional experience
- A University Degree in biology or earth sciences or engineering or environmental sciences or public administration or international relations or law, or a relevant, directly related discipline, or equivalent relevant professional experience;
- A post-graduate degree in these fields is an advantage;
- Excellent diplomatic, social, communication and networking skills are considered to be an asset;
- Fluency in oral and written English is essential;
- Fluency in oral and written Russian is essential.
Specific professional experience
- Preferably 20 years, but minimum 15 years of professional experience;
- Preferably 10 years, but minimum 7 years of cumulated experience in institutional and/or policy development and/or in facilitating reform processes in an international cooperation context in climate change or environmental governance;
- Preferably 5 years, but minimum 3 years of cumulated working experience in any country of Eastern Neighbourhood and/or Central Asia and/or EU accession countries is required;
- Proven capacity to lead a multinational team;
- Good knowledge and working experience with the EU programmes, projects and procedures is an advantage.
- Preferably 7 years, but minimum 5 years of cumulated working experience in taking operational responsibilities in implementation of stand-alone projects is required;
- Experience in organising and moderating preferably 5, but minimum 3 meetings/working groups at international level with participation of senior governmental officials is required;
- Preferably 3 years, but minimum 1 year of cumulated engagement(s) in actions outside the EU to comply with or promoting EU environmental legislation and/or water processes is required;
- Experience in organizing and delivery of seminars and/or trainings and in a multicultural environment.
About the Organization
Human Dynamics is a leading European provider of consulting services for the public sector with more than 120 projects implemented in 30 countries worldwide. Currently, Human Dynamics and its 300 experts and consultants advise more than 40 ministries and public/government agencies worldwide. You are welcome on our website for more details: www.humandynamics.org