Project: Support to Ukraine in approximation of the EU environmental acquis (air quality, waste management)
Engagement: Long-term, 360 working days
The overall objective of the project of which this contract will be a part is to effectively raise Ukrainian public authorities’ capacities in designing and implementing key reforms stemming from the Association Agreement and DCFTA, including capacity to carry out legal approximation process with the EU.
The purpose of this contract is to enable the Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources (MENR), the Ministry of Regional Development, Construction, Housing and Municipal Economy (MinRegion), other relevant stakeholders (newly created State Environmental Protection Service), the Hydro-meteorological Centre of the State Emergency Service of Ukraine and civil society actors to prepare for the implementation of the EU environmental requirements, by strengthening legal and institutional system in order to improve the air quality and related issues as well as enforcement of the waste management in the country.
- Further assist in the transposition and implementation of Annex XXX to the Chapter 6 (Air Quality, Waste management) of the EU-Ukraine Association Agreement;
- Further raise the institutional capacity of authorities in charge (MENR, MinRegion) and public awareness on environment issues (“greener lifestyles”);
- Support to the concrete implementation of the National Waste Management Strategy.
Qualifications and skills
- A University Degree in law (preferably), Economics, Environmental science or in other areas with the relevant professional experience of minimum 5 years above the required 10 years of general professional experience indicated below.
- A postgraduate specialization relevant to one of the following areas would be an asset (climate change and/or environment).
- Excellent English communication skills, both spoken and written.
- Good command of the Ukrainian or the Russian language would be an asset.
General professional experience
- At least 10 years of experience in the policy and/or legislation implementation gained after the award of a higher education diploma.
- Proven negotiation skills at public or private top-management level would be an asset.
Specific professional experience
- At least 3 years of experience as a team leader in two technical assistance projects, preferably in the field of legal approximation and/or implementation environmental strategy in the past 10 years.
- At least 2 years of experience in transposition and/or implementation of the environmental acquis in a new (from 2004) EU Member State, EEA or in one of the candidate countries for EU accession, or in Ukraine, Georgia or Moldova.
- At least two years of experience in strengthening administrative capacity of authorities in an EU Member State, EEA country, or in candidate countries for EU accession.
About the Organization
Human Dynamics is a leading European provider of consulting services for the public sector with more than 120 projects implemented in 30 countries worldwide. Currently, Human Dynamics and its 300 experts and consultants advise more than 40 ministries and public/government agencies worldwide. You are welcome on our website for more details: www.humandynamics.org