Project: Technical assistance to support EU-Coffee action for Ethiopia project
The overall objective of the project of which this contract will be a part is as follows:
“To sustainably increase incomes among Ethiopian smallholder coffee growers and processors “It 15 further decomposed into the following two specific objectives:
- S1: Capacitated public-private sectors are able to provide, through farmer organizations, an efficient extension service, input support and technologies adapted to all coffee farmer needs and to evolving international certification requirements including organic and climate friendly techniques.
- S2: National coffee sector development and marketing strategic are efficiently implemented and gaps in governance are addressed.
The purpose of this contract is to provide technical support to the EU-CAFE grant project lead and co-applicants to strengthen their planning and coffee sector management capacities required for the successful implementation of coffee development, research, value chain development, and market promotion & regulation.
Qualifications and skills
- At least a postgraduate degree preferably MBA, MSc, or equivalent from accredited university in Agricultural marketing, Agro-economics, Business Administration, or Business Law;
- Excellent learn management, administrative, reporting, and communication skills;
- Fluent in English;
- Demonstrated knowledge of EU/EDF procedures;
- A natural leader with demonstrated experience and proven track record of leading multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team and robust analytical and quantitative skills;
- Outstanding ability to work independently, flexibly and responsively;
- Strong analytical, communication, presentation and writing skills.
General professional experience
- A minimum of 10 years progressive hands-on professional experience on coffee value chain of which, at least, 5 years as a team leader of similar projects in a developing country/countries (Africa, Asia, and/or Central America).
Specific professional experience
- Thorough knowledge of coffee supply chain and international trade;
- Relevant experience in data handling analysis GI and cartography for agriculture monitoring and statistics;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate a large multi-stakeholder project with results-based management;
- In-depth knowledge of and strong skills in trade negotiations relevant to WTO and TRIPS;
- Proven ability in project cycle management and EDF Action grants management procedures;
- Strong computer literacy, including MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel;
- Able to adapt to changing working environments, prioritize and meet deadlines;
- Experience working at a top-tier consulting firm, coffee R&D, and or marketing institution, or similar preferred.
About the Organization
Human Dynamics is a leading European provider of consulting services for the public sector with more than 120 projects implemented in 30 countries worldwide. Currently, Human Dynamics and its 300 experts and consultants advise more than 40 ministries and public/government agencies worldwide. You are welcome on our website for more details: www.humandynamics.org