Project: Support for structured policy dialogue, coordination of the implementation of the Association Agreement and enhancement of the legal approximation process
Engagement: Long-term, minimum 880 working days
The overall objective of the project is to increase the capacities of the Government of the Republic of Moldova and other key national institutions in implementing the EU-Republic of Moldova Association Agenda.
The purpose of this contract is to support the implementation of the Association Agreement throughout all sectors.
Results to be achieved by the contractor
- Result 1. Further enhancement of structured policy dialogue is provided with civil society involvement by promoting the use of existing mechanisms:
-Consultative mechanisms with businesses, civil society, expert community as well as citizens at large regarding the implementation of the AA/DCFTA are enhanced;
-Timely and qualitative information on the implementation of the AA/DCFTA is available, including in terms of outcomes and impact as well as benefits for the citizens;
-The EU-Republic of Moldova coordination structures are provided with timely and qualitative information on the implementation of the AA/DCFTA;
-The capacities of MFAEI and SC as well as other relevant institutions to guide external and internal to the administration information and communication campaigns about the reforms linked with the implementation of the AA/DCFTA are strengthened;
- Result 2. Improved policy development mechanisms for adequate budgeting of strategic documents as well as action plans in order to ensure feasibility;
-The system for planning, monitoring and reporting related to the reforms linked with the implementation of the AA/DCFTA is enhanced ;
-The AA/DCFTA requirements are embedded into the National and sector development plans with an estimation of cost and sources of financing as well as input / output / outcome / impact progress indicators;
-Capacities of the MFAEI, SC, MoF, Ministry of Economy and Infrastructure, the Parliament and other relevant public institutions for the identification, planning and implementation of the priorities for the implementation of the AA/DCFTA are enhanced;
-Multi-annual and annual budget is based on assessment of financing needed for the implementation of the AA/DCFTA
- Result 3.Technical expertise is provided throughout sectors to enhance the legal approximation process;
-The capacities of relevant staff within the MFAEI, SC (especially the CLA), MoF, Parliament and other public institutions related to the legal approximation are enhanced;
-The required quality, timeliness and compliance with the EU acquis of legislative acts, aimed by the legal approximation, is ensured;
-Capacities of the relevant staff of the CLA as well as the Parliament Legal department for ensuring compliance with the EU acquis are strengthened;
- Result 4. IT systems in the public administration supporting the implementation of the Association Agreement are upgraded, including in terms of security and integrity:
-A quality IT infrastructure necessary for planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting on the implementation of the AA as well as the relevant National implementation plans is available and in use;
-Timely and qualitative information is available for the implementation of the AA/DCFTA and the relevant National implementation plans.
Qualifications and skills
- At least University Degree in law, public administration, political sciences or other field relevant to the assignment or, in its absence five (5) years of professional experience on top of the years of experience required under General professional experience;
- Excellent command of oral and written English;
- Proficiency in Romanian or Russian will be considered as asset.
General professional experience
- Ten (10) years of professional experience related to Public Administration Reform.
Specific professional experience
- At least five (5) years of professional experience within the last fifteen (15) years in public administration reforms in pre-accession or ENI country, signatory of an Association Agreement;
- Experience within the last ten (10) years as Team Leader in at least one (1) EU-funded project related to reform of public administration with a budget of at least EUR 1 million;
- Experience in policy co-ordination in the EU Member States or IPA or ENI East country, signatory of an Association Agreement, will constitute an advantage.