Title: Technical assistance in support of the state and resilience building contract 2 - Gambia
Start: Aug 2020
Duration: 20 months
The purposes of this contract are as follows:
- Support the implementation of the reform in the areas of Public Financial Management (PFM).
- Sustain the progress of democratic reforms, human rights and rule of law.
The results to be achieved in this contract are as follows:
- Enhanced performance of PFM, Procurement and Public Private Partnership, with emphasis on the fight against corruption.
- Improved functioning of the democratic, rule of law, and security institutions.
From 3 to 5 Key Experts will be required according to specific needs in the fields of Public Financial Management and Public Procurement, Public Private Partnership, Security Sector Reform, Transitional Justice and Constitutional Reform.
Non Key Experts will be required according to specific needs in the fields of justice sector reform, security sector reform, rule of law, human rights, gender equality, media reform, electoral reform, constitutional reform, public expenditure and financial accountability, public expenditure tracking, tax administration diagnostic assessment, macro-economic and fiscal framework, audit, debt management, and business development.
Qualifications and skills
- Post-graduate qualification in Macroeconomics, or PFM or Procurement or Public Administration or related field
- Fluent in English
- Computer literacy
General professional experience
- A minimum of 10 years of work experience in the sector of PFM or Procurement
- Experience in procurement operations/ market performance and integrity/ transparency of public procurement systems
- Experience in leading and building teams: planning functions, elaboration and monitoring of work plans, meeting deadlines, assigning tasks etc.
Specific professional experience
- Team Leader experience in EU-funded projects
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in providing technical assistance in PFM or Procurement
- Experience of working in a transfer of knowledge mode
- Knowledge of and working experience in Gambia is an asset
About the Organization
Human Dynamics is a leading European provider of consulting services for the public sector with more than 120 projects implemented in 30 countries worldwide. Currently, Human Dynamics and its 300 experts and consultants advise more than 40 ministries and public/government agencies worldwide. You are welcome on our website for more details: www.humandynamics.org