Project title: Partnerships Facility
Brief description: The overall objective of the project is to increase the capacities of beneficiary countries to design and implement policies, regulations and activities that promote sustainable development and partnerships, with particular regard to the three targeted Commission priorities: Green Deal alliances, alliances for sustainable growth and jobs, and alliances for science, technology and innovation and digitalisation.
The purposes of this contract are as follows:
- To strengthen the technical capacity of Asian partners in designing and implementing policies and regulation related to sustainable development, through the mobilisation of technical assistance
Provision of technical expertise to carry out specific technical support in areas identified jointly with partner countries through policy dialogue. Technical support will support partner countries in implementing and/or designing policies and regulations related to sustainable development, by providing expertise where needed and sharing EU policy experience.
- To support triangular cooperation in Asia
While there is no established definition of the concept of Triangular Cooperation, there is a general consensus that the triangle is made up of a developed country partner and a developing country partner that work jointly together with another developing country partner to deliver development results in the latter developing country. The 2030 Agenda under SDG 17 commits all parties to enhance Triangular Cooperation as a means to deliver capacity building and increase knowledge sharing and access to science, technology, and innovation. Under the Partnerships Facility, Triangular Cooperation is predominantly understood as the organisation of study tours (technical assistance exchanges) to facilitate technical knowledge or policy transfer between countries, and to increase commitment to development partnerships between countries.
- To engage in dialogue with Asian partners on sustainable development
Support to the organisation of conferences, seminars and workshops to exchange experiences and approaches, to share knowledge and disseminate best practices and success stories in sustainable development related areas. This can include, among others: national or international events promoting a multi-stakeholder perspectives on sustainable development by engaging civil society, business and government representatives; support to policy dialogue fora aiming at generating commitment to translate the sustainable development targets into action; events for exchange of ideas/good practices on implementation and monitoring of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- To support EU development cooperation projects through short-term demand-driven interventions.
Through the mobilisation of technical expertise, the organisation of study tours, and the organisation of events, the facility will support the effective implementation of ongoing EU development cooperation projects. The Partnerships Facility will be a flexible instrument whose actions will complement and strengthen ongoing EU activities, by mobilising support on-demand.
Commencement date of the project: 01 January 2021 (indicative)
Duration of the assignment: 720 work days over 48 months
Qualifications and skills:
- A university degree in a field such as: economics, social sciences, humanities, law (or a relevant, directly related discipline), or equivalent relevant professional experience (minimum 5 additional years supplementing the minimal general professional experience requested);
- Fluent in English (written and spoken), good reporting skills, and computer literacy.
General professional experience:
- At least 10 years of professional experience, with a minimum requirement of 5 years of experience in international cooperation;
- At least 5 years of experience as a team leader;
- At least 3 years of experience in field work and in project management;
- Experience in managing projects by remote would be an advantage;
- Should be familiar with the EU Project Cycle Management, and with DG DEVCO rules and procedures.
Specific professional experience:
- Minimum of three years of professional experience working with Asia;
- Professional experience in technical assistance, EU policies, policy dialogue and triangular cooperation projects would be a strong advantage;
- Professional experience in regional cooperation projects would be a strong advantage.