- Consulting Services for a technical implementation for the Health Services Joint Fund
- duration of assignment: 36 months with possibility of extension
- duty station: Malawi
The experience gained with the operation of the HSJF has revealed the need for a Technical Implementation Consultant whose major contribution would consist in the following three tasks:
(1) Support in the identification and development of suitable projects for funding by the HSJF in accordance with the priorities of the Government of the Republic of Malawi and the participating development partners;
(2) Assistance in the tendering processes for the implementation of the projects chosen for the funding by the HSJF, good collaboration with fiscal and procurement oversight agents
(3) Technical support to and supervision of the implementation of the respective projects.
Qualifications and skills
- A medical doctor or other health professional with a Master in Public Health, International Health, Health System Strengthening, Health Management and related fields
- At least 15 years of experience in the management of similar programmes in the health sector as requested and shall be a health & hospital expert
- Project management including experience as a team leader: proven ability to manage and administer both the planning and supervision aspects of projects of this nature
- Work experience in leading complex multi-disciplinary teams on similar assignments, preferably in the region
- Sound understanding of the various aspects of hospital management
- Experience in financial management is an asset
- She/he shall be familiar with the German Development Cooperation Programme especially in the field of Financial Cooperation with KfW procedures and guidelines
- Experience in Malawi or Eastern Africa is an asset
To obtain more information or to submit your CV, please contact: Ms. Neha Khurana at firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Organization
EPOS Health Management, headquartered in Germany, was founded in 1985 as an independent worldwide provider of consulting services in the health sector. Today EPOS is the German market leader in donor-financed health care consulting.
We specialise in planning, management, and implementation as well as monitoring and evaluation of projects, services and programmes in the health sector in developing and threshold countries. Our Quality Management System is regularly audited and certified according to ISO 9001:2008 standards.
Following a participatory approach, EPOS has implemented more than 400 health projects in nearly 75 countries over the last 25 years in the areas of:
- Health Policy and Financing
- Integrated Primary Health Care
- Health Facilities and Services
Being part of the GOPA Group, EPOS belongs to one of the strongest consulting groups in Europe.
epos Beratungsgesellschaft, an independent healthcare consulting firm, is a sister-company within the EPOS group.