CAMRIS International is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. We apply a customized, customer-centric, cost-effective business approach to offer greater value to our clients and challenge the way things have always been done in our field.
CAMRIS clients include U.S. government agencies and multilateral and private organizations. Our core practice areas include public health, agriculture and food security, economic development, education, environment, humanitarian assistance, democracy and governance, and medical research.
CAMRIS seeks a Team Leader to conduct a baseline survey for the second phase of the Feed the Future/Global Food Security Strategy-funded Knowledge-based Integrated Sustainable Agriculture in Nepal (KISAN II) project in Nepal. KISAN II’s goal is to increase the resilience, inclusiveness, and sustainability of income growth the agriculture development. The data collection will cover a large number of districts in Western Nepal and will include a large number of performance monitoring indicators undertaken through a survey of around 1,700 households. Some indicators will be new or newly-revised. Design work is expected to begin in late May. Data collection preparation and training is expected to begin late-June to early July with data collection beginning in late-July, but all dates are subject to change.
* Provide technical guidance and strategic support to the baseline data collection team.
* Lead the process of drafting and/or making final the baseline study design, workplan, oral briefing(s), and report.
* Work with CAMRIS and the data collection subcontractor to develop and refine data collection instruments with reference to KISAN-I instruments and changes relevant to KISAN-II and updated Global Food Security Strategy indicator guidelines.
* Help develop survey manual and provide inputs into field manual procedures.
* Document all relevant details to replicate the baseline at other points during the life of the activity.
* Send inputs and feedback to the data collection subcontractor.
* Participate in and quality control supervisor and enumerator training and pre-testing.
* Have effective communication with the Implementing Partner staff as well as external stakeholders, as relevant.
* Provide quality control over and respond to quality-control related input from CAMRIS for all survey deliverables.
* Develop codes to analyze qualitative data, if relevant.
* Skills in undertaking or overseeing data analysis.
* Coordinate closely with CAMRIS Kathmandu and HQ staff.
* Ensure quality and timely delivery of all work products.
* Present a PowerPoint (or similar) presentation on important survey findings, conclusions, and recommendations of the baseline survey to USAID/staff and implementing partners.
* An advanced university degree, a PhD is preferred, in international development, agricultural economics, statistics, or a related field.
* At least eight years of relevant experience with rigorous data collections, including at least two years of experience leading data collections in or related to the agriculture sector.
* Experience with household data collections in rural contexts and strong familiarity with the agricultural sector required.
* Familiarity with USAID activities is highly desirable.
* Knowledge of and experience in Nepal is preferred.
* Strong quantitative data analysis skills.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills in English is required.
About the OrganizationCAMRIS is known throughout the U.S. for its leading edge services to support our national programs and particularly for serving our Veterans. CAMRIS is also known worldwide for excellence serving client programs to improve economic, social, political, and health conditions of people in all parts of the world.
For 45 years, since our first contact with USAID in 1963 and with work in every year since, our most important partner in the international sphere has been the United States Agency for International Development (“USAID”). In fact, CAMRIS has worked with USAID in each year since its founding. Before USAID we assisted its predecessor organizations dating back to the Kennedy Administration in 1961, to address humanitarian needs and to counter instability posed by underdevelopment.
To date CAMRIS has carried out assignments for USAID in 50 countries in all regions and in many technical areas. Today CAMRIS continues this proud tradition as it works on significant USAID assignments in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our current work includes technical assistance to support major USAID-funded initiatives in the areas of Global Health, Democracy and Governance, Development, and Monitoring and Evaluation, and active assignments including several global initiatives and our present work in 24 countries (Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Botswana, Colombia, Democratic Republic of Congo, Egypt, Indonesia, Iraq, Ivory Coast, Jordan, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Pakistan, Russia, Rwanda, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Zambia and Zimbabwe).
ABOUT CAMRIS INTERNATIONAL
CAMRIS is an International Development Consulting Firm working within the public and private sectors to advance the human and institutional capacities of organizations and communities worldwide.
WHAT WE DO
We apply a combination of proven interdisciplinary, scientific and management approaches to identify, develop and implement the most effective solutions in support of our clients' program goals.
We do this most often in the areas of international development and global health, and selectively in additional areas where our cross-cutting capabilities are well suited to meet the needs of our clients.
We operate in all regions of the world, often in very challenging or austere conditions. At all times our focus is on evidence-based effectiveness, quality, reliability, and sustainability.
We successfully completed initiatives in nearly 80 countries to date.
* Short-Term and Long-Term Technical Assistance
* Program Management Services
* Institutional Support
* Research and Analytic Support
CORE PRACTICE AREAS
* Monitoring and Evaluation
* Capacity Building
* Project Design
* Knowledge Management
* Adaptive Technologies
* Democracy and Governance
* Infectious Diseases
CAMRIS has grown rapidly over the last 5 years to a peak of 200 staff, complemented by highly experienced consultants and collaborating partners and universities.
CAMRIS is headquartered in Bethesda, MD in the Washington DC metropolitan area, with remote offices, operations and worksites in various locations in the U.S. and overseas.