Team Leader (Land Reform), Mozambique
Devex is currently assisting an international development firm in searching for a long- term Team Leader to manage a land reform project in Mozambique.
The principal aim of the program is to improve the efficiency of land rights management and registration systems in four provinces in Mozambique. The program is also involved in national policy discussions and the development of a National Land Strategy, as well as capacity building of land administration institutions.
The Team Leader will be responsible for the following:
· Management of the project team including quality checks on personnel to ensure quality performance
· Technical support for development of land policy and legal issues and supporting the process of change in land institutions
· Liaising with donor agency and beneficiary institutions to deliver project outputs to agreed deadlines
· Oversight of project operations and administration- including project accounts, cash flow and project procurement
· Overall responsibility for successful production of technical deliverables
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
Master’s Degree on a relevant subject;
Technical expertise in Land in Africa;
Excellent program/ project management skills and experience in managing large, donor- funded programmes;
Experience writing TORs for consultants and identifying suitable candidates;
Understanding of land policy and land law in southern Africa;
Broad experience in Sub- Saharan Africa;
Fluency in Portuguese is preferred;
Mozambique experience is preferred;
MCC experience is preferred.
Click on the “apply now” button to send your cover letter and cv. Applications close on the 11th of October 2010.