Assignment Title: Team Leader, Latin America
Location: Guatemala, Paraguay, Nicaragua, Mexico and/or Colombia
Technical Point of Contact: Program Director
Using your experience in leading evaluations of programs focused on Water and Sanitation for Health (WASH), lead a mid-term performance evaluation of the Lazos de Agua Program, which is a $25 million multi-stakeholder project funded by One Drop Foundation (created by the founder of Cirque du Soleil), the Inter-American Development Bank, the Coca-Cola Foundation and Fundacion FEMSA. Lazos de Agua seeks to provide access to drinking water and improved sanitation and hygiene to around 200,000 people in Columbia, Guatemala, Mexico, Nicaragua and Paraguay by 2021. The period of performance would begin in early August, 2019 for an evaluation launch meeting, followed by one month of desk review, development of research plans and tools, and preparation of an inception report. Field work and data collection (to be carried out in 3 or 4 countries) would occur in November with the final report due in mid-December. This is for a total estimated number of 75 days. This position is Contingent upon Award by One Drop.
Scope of Work:
- Serve as Team Leader and provide overall strategic direction and management;
- Work with WASH Technical Specialist to conduct field research to fulfill the following objectives, which includes but is not limited to:
- Providing inputs for strategic decisions regarding feasibility for scalability for the second phase of the Program post December 2022
- Enabling the Lazos de Agua Steering Committee to identify the strengths and weaknesses of the Lazos de Agua program
- Assessing the relevance, effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of the Lazos program model
- Documenting the achievement of results to date
- Assessing whether the program is on track to achieve its objectives
- Formulating concrete strategic and operational recommendations for considerations
- Providing recommendations to Program Implementers and One Drop for the 2020 Annual Works Plans
- Ensure a high-quality evaluation design and execution, including utilization of mixed methods of data collection and analysis, as well as using sex and age disaggregated data and analysis when possible;
- Lead writing and presentation of final report for USAID and/or other stakeholders;
- Other duties as assigned.
Serve in the above consultant capacity to support the IBTCI technical practices of Agriculture & Food Security, Economic Growth, Education & the Environment.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to directly communicate with IBTCI clients.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to have decision making authority on final work product.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge and experience of art for social change/social art.
- Experience working in both urban and rural WASH Programs.
- Knowledge and experience in conducting gender-sensitive and participatory evaluations considered an asset.
- Minimum ten (10) years of extensive knowledge and experience in conducting international development program evaluations in Latin America for a variety of organizations required;
- Experience working in evaluations in the WASH sector, to include both urban and rural WASH;
- Experience measuring the results of programs using behavior change approaches and communications;
- Experience in at least two of the Lazos de Agua countries, including Guatemala, Paraguay, Nicaragua, Mexico and Colombia;
- Expertise in evaluation design and quantitative and qualitative research and data analysis;
- Fluency in both oral and written Spanish and English; as well as an ability to produce polished reports and presentations in English.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or higher in international development, public health, engineering or related field.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position will supervise the WASH Specialist.
Travel: Travel in three or four of the following five countries: Guatemala, Paraguay, Nicaragua, Mexico and Colombia.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. We are an E-Verify Employer.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.
About the Organization
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.