Team Leader, Livestock Management, Bangladesh
We are currently seeking a Team Leader, Livestock Management for the anticipated USAID-funded Feed the Future Livestock Project in Bangladesh. The project’s primary focus will be to increase livestock productivity, improve access to hygienic, diverse, and quality food as well as improve the nutrition status of rural households in Bangladesh in South central and Southwestern Region of the country. This will be achieved through improved livestock productivity that leads to an increase the availability of livestock products for enhanced household consumption; and improved rural household nutrition through nutrition education, and promotion of dietary diversity. This position is subject to ACDI/VOCA being awarded the program.
- Lead coordination with key implementing actors and other development partners
- Responsible for all livestock development matters including improved livestock productivity, animal nutrition, animal health, breeding, livestock marketing
- Provide improved service provision such as inputs, technical advisory services, and financial services.
- Master’s degree in Animal Science or related field required
- Minimum of 12 years of experience managing and implementing livestock management activities
- Strong management skills
- Proven experience in achieving project objectives in a context of similar scope
- Demonstrated supervisory experience with teams and professional groups in a cross-cultural environment
- Fluency in English required
Please apply online at http://acdivoca.maxhire.net/cp/?E5546B361D43515B7E59192F77571B6B06627A4B. No phone calls please. Only finalists contacted. Women and minorities encouraged to apply. EOE. Local applicants are encouraged to apply.
About the Organization
For over 50 years and in 145 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA currently has approximately 46 projects in 31 countries and revenues of $173 million.