The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a state owned organisation. We work worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ International Services (InS) is an integral division of GIZ. We offer the experience, the regional and technical know-how of GIZ in the global market and provide international clients with expertise in terms of economic and result-oriented services.
GIZ International Services is shortlisted for the EU-funded tender: „Support to the EU Integration Process of Albania”.
The overall objective is to strengthen the capacity of the Government of Albania to successfully manage the overall EU integration process and effectively conduct the Stabilization and Association Agreement process and accession negotiations.
The purpose it to assist the Government of Albania to strengthen the EU integration process in line with the priorities of Stabilisation and Association Agreement and accession negotiation processes by
- Supporting effective alignment of national legislation with the EU acquis and its implementation.
- Further strengthening the capacities of the relevant institutions for the forthcoming screening and accession negotiations process.
The Team Leader will have the overall responsibility for the smooth running and timely implementation of all project activities, including communication and visibility according to the approved plan, and efficient use of project funds. The Team Leader will be responsible for the management of the team of experts and for overall quality, coordination, realisation of the activities and outputs, as well as of timely reporting, liaising with the EU Delegation, beneficiary and stakeholders.
Qualifications and skills:
- University Degree in law, public administration, public management, or any other relevant area for the project, or a relevant professional experience of at least five years, in addition to the experience required as general professional experience;
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
General professional experience:
- Minimum eight preferably ten years of professional post-graduate experience in EU policies or EU integration in an EU Member State or candidate/potential candidate country.
Specific professional experience:
- Minimum five preferably eight years of working experience in the transposition, implementation and enforcement of the EU acquis;
- Experience in coordination, managing and leading working teams in the public or private sector/organizations or in donor-funded projects in minimum one project with a budget of at least 1 million EUR and duration of minimum 12 months.
- Experience on policy planning/coordination related to the EU acquis gained in an EU Member State or Candidate/Potential Candidate Country will be considered as an asset.
The project will be based in Tirana, Albania. Project activities may nevertheless require in-country travels.
Start date & period of implementation
The intended start date is November 2020 and the period of implementation of the contract will be 24 months from this date (indicative 420 working days).
Please note that we basically can only receive and process applications sent via our e-recruiting system. Should you not be able to do so, please contact the person named in the job advertisement. We would like to ask you to apply with a CV in Europeaid format.
After submitting an application, please check your spam/junk folder regularly for incoming messages, as emails from our e-recruiting system are treated as spam by some providers.
GIZ would like to improve the share of disabled employees, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.