Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a service enterprise for development cooperation with international operations and global experience. Owned by the Federal Republic of Germany, the organisation operates as a private-sector enterprise with a development policy mandate: to make sustainable improvements to the living conditions of people in the countries we operate in. The organisation’s business area - GIZ International Services - is the vehicle for offering GIZ’s services to international clients.
GIZ International Services is currently applying for an EU-funded project: “Improving the Blood Transfusion Management System in Turkey EuropeAid/139230/IH/SER/TR”
The purpose of the project is to provide technical assistance to the Ministry of Health to support the blood transfusion management system in Turkey with focus on quality, self-sufficiency and appropriate clinical use of blood and blood components by carrying out activities such as trainings, meetings, workshops; providing support to the preparation of guidelines, improving IT systems, conducting awareness raising activities and scientific and technical studies regarding blood transfusion management.
For this project we are looking for a Team Leader with the following expected tasks:The Team Leader will be the primary contact for the Contracting Authority and Beneficiary. In his/her capacity as Team Leader (TL) he/she is expected to provide, in a coordinated manner, leadership to the Technical Assistance Team (TAT), taking responsibility for the coordinated and efficient implementation of the various components of the project as well as coordinating and managing the work of other experts. Furthermore, she/he shall ensure coordination with the Contracting Authority and other stakeholders of the project. In addition, the TL will be responsible for the following tasks:
- To prepare and/or supervise and transmit the reports to the relevant authorities
- To be responsible for management of the TAT members and allocation of duties among experts for the efficiency and success of the project
- To assign non-key experts, to draft their mission letters and to plan the budget for their tasks
- To prepare work plans and implementation schedules for the implementation of the project
- To ensure timely submission of all project outputs as required
- To coordinate implementation of trainings and workshops in the target provinces
- To ensure the development of strategic documents as requested in the ToR
For this project we are looking for a Team Leader with the following expected profile:
Qualifications and skills
- University degree at master level in a subject or discipline relevant to this assignment (medicine, public health, health service management)
- Good command of written and spoken English. Turkish knowledge will be an asset.
- Full computer literacy
General professional experience
- At least 10 years professional experience in the health sector, preferably gathered in an institution (or public administration) of an EU Member State with practical experience with blood transfusion system management and quality assurance and preferably at a high level of seniority.
Specific professional experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in blood transfusion systems in EU countries
- Proven experience as team leader in EU projects and projects of a similar nature
Please note that we basically can only receive and process applications sent via our e-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
Please send us an updated CV in Europeaid format in English.
About the Organization
We create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.