Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a service enterprise for development cooperation with international operations and global experience. Owned by the Federal Republic of Germany, the organisation operates as a private-sector enterprise with a development policy mandate: to make sustainable improvements to the living conditions of people in the countries we operate in. The organisation’s business area - GIZ International Services - is the vehicle for offering GIZ’s services to international clients.
GIZ International Services is shortlisted for an EU-funded project: “Improving the Blood Transfusion Management System in Turkey EuropeAid/139230/IH/SER/TR”
The overall objective of the project of is to improve institutional capacity for social policy and inclusion in terms of policy-making, strategic planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
The purposes of this contract are as follows:
- to contribute to the improvement, thus effective functioning of the blood supply system in Turkey in line with the EU Acquis in the field of public health under the area of Consumer and Health Protection.
- to support the Blood Transfusion Management System with focus on quality, self-sufficiency and appropriate clinical use of blood and blood components.
Qualifications and skills
- Doctor of medicine
- Specialty in haematology
- Specialty or postgraduate degree in the field of transfusion medicine will be an asset
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Full computer literacy
General professional experience
- Preferably 14 but a minimum of 12 years of professional working experience.
Specific professional experience
- Preferably 5 but a minimum 4 years of experience as team leader and/or managerial position
- Preferably 12 but a minimum 10 years of professional experience in the field of blood banking and transfusion medicine.
- Experience in preparation of policy and strategy on blood banking and transfusion medicine will be an asset.
Base of the project will be Ankara. The project will also be implemented in İstanbul, İzmir, Adana, Bursa, Kayseri, Gaziantep, Erzurum, Trabzon, Diyarbakır, Malatya, Van, Samsun, Antalya, Bolu and Eskişehir, where the regional blood centres are located.
The particulate pollution load in Turkey crosses the limit value allowed in Europe around a multiple. Within the scope of the selection procedure and in the course of the setting investigation you will be informed about suitable preventive measures and behavioral measures.
The intended start date is 4th March 2019 and the project will be composed of a service component with duration of 36 months from this date.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
Please send us an updated CV in EU format in English.