Field of activity
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a service enterprise for development cooperation with international operations and global experience. Owned by the Federal Republic of Germany, the organisation operates as a private-sector enterprise with a development policy mandate: to make sustainable improvements to the living conditions of people in the countries we operate in. The organisation’s business area - GIZ International Services - is the vehicle for offering GIZ’s services to international clients.
GIZ International Services is shortlisted for an EU - funded project: EU alumni engagement initiative
The overall objective of the action is as follows:
To support the achievement of EU Foreign Policy objectives by strengthening the EU’s ability to engage meaningfully with different audiences and stakeholders in third countries through more effective long-term Public Diplomacy involving beneficiaries of EU programmes with the objective of giving them the opportunity to become potential future partners and, by doing so, facilitate future cooperation with the EU.
Specific objectives include:
The purposes of this contract are as follows:
- To enhance the quality and consistency of EU’s capacity to engage with beneficiaries of EU programmes through the organisation of regular activities across the world (in coordination with EU delegations). These activities will be tailored to the specific subgroups of beneficiaries of the programmes listed above.
- To facilitate the management of communities of alumni and beneficiaries of EU programmes run by HQ and EU Delegations through the creation of a common online database including relationship management tools (customer relationship management [CMR] or similar software) allowing HQ and EU Delegations to input, collect and manage information on beneficiaries (in line with existing EU and international data protection legislations) and tailor engagement opportunities on the basis of individuals’ interests and location. This must also allow for follow-up engagement opportunities (e.g. questionnaire post-event, future invitations to similar events for participants).
- To facilitate the networking among alumni and beneficiaries of EU initiatives and allow them to update the information included in the above-mentioned relationship management tool and database through an online platform fully integrated with/connected to existing social media platforms where conversations and engagement will be continued.
- To increase the coherence of EU Public Diplomacy by connecting and building on existing initiatives and facilitate the implementation of a more joined-up approach to public diplomacy, as stated in the EU Global Strategy. When appropriate, it should also be possible to include other stakeholders’ initiatives (e.g. Member States, cultural institutes, universities, international alumni networks).
- The Team Leader shall ensure the successful implementation of the project and coordinate its various elements. He / She shall be responsible for the general assessment exercise, with the obligation of collecting all the required information at the start of the mission and to ensure quality of reports/deliverables throughout the duration of the contract.
- Key expert 1: Team Leader - Project Manager and senior expert in the management and animation of large communities (online and offline) and in the management of projects with technological content (maximum 440 person days).
Qualification and skills
- Advanced university degree (Master degree) or equivalent in public diplomacy, public relations, management, communication, marketing or a related discipline relevant for this contract;
- Proven strong public speaking and presentation skills acquired in at least 2 projects/assignments;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English;
- Knowledge and understanding of the European Union and its Institutions as well as EU procedures acquired in
at least 2 projects/assignments;
General professional Experience
- Minimum 5 years’ post-graduate experience in public diplomacy/advocacy including experience in community management, organisation of international events/activities as well as other international cultural relations activities with i.a. the EU, EU Member States, third countries, international organisations, NGOs, think tanks, cultural institutes, universities;
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience as a team leader in an international environment.
Specific professional experience
- Minimum 7 years of post-graduate experience in project management, including coordination, overseeing project delivery and quality control for projects of a similar size and international coverage as this contract;
- Minimum 1-year experience in supervising creation and/or maintenance of web platforms, social media communications and other IT tools relevant for this contract.
The period of implementation of the contract will be 24 months starting the third quarter of 2018.
To facilitate short-term practical arrangements relating to possible deployments of experts on very short notice as well as the need for regular meetings and briefing/debriefing sessions with the Contracting Authority and/or relevant services in the EEAS and the EC, the operational base for the project shall be in Brussels.
Please note that we basically can only receive and process applications sent via our e-recruiting system. Should you not be able to do so, please contact the person named in the job advertisement.
To enable us to assess your existing skills and qualifications as part of our internal selection procedure, please complete the questionnaire on your competences when you apply online.
After submitting an application, please check your spam/junk folder regularly for incoming messages, as emails from our e-recruiting system are treated as spam by some providers.
GIZ would like to improve the share of disabled employees, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
If we caught your interest, we are looking forward to your application until 15.06.2018.