Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a service enterprise for development cooperation with international operations and global experience. Owned by the Federal Republic of Germany, the organisation operates as a private-sector enterprise with a development policy mandate: to make sustainable improvements to the living conditions of people in the countries we operate in. The organisation’s business area - GIZ International Services - is the vehicle for offering GIZ’s services to international clients.
GIZ International Services is shortlisted for the EIB-funded tender “Support to the integrated waste management programme in Jujuy”.
The main objective of the Integrated Solid Waste Management Programme (ISWMP) in the Province of Jujuy is to improve the quality of life for the inhabitants of Jujuy Province and address the issues related to climate change through the reduction of GHG, through the proper management of solid waste.
The implementation and operation of the ISWMP shall contribute to phase out the dumping of untreated waste and reducing the final disposal by recovering both energy and material. The ISWMP will also contribute to ensure that targeted municipalities develop and implement specific integrated waste management systems in their jurisdictions through policy strategies, the creation of employment related to waste treatment, the optimization of waste collection/transport and adequate disposal practices.
The expert will be responsible for the overall management of the project, including interfacing with PIU, EIB, Municipalities, PIU, the Ministry of Environment, GIRSU S.E. and International Financing Institutions (IFIs) and other relevant stakeholders. The team leader (TL) shall manage and supervise the performance of the team, ensure good performance of the project activities, and timely and quality delivery of outputs. The expert shall be senior advisor to the PIU with in-depth international experiences. He/she will be responsible for the overall coordination of different stakeholders including the EIB, the European Commission, PIU, the targeted municipalities, GIRSU S.E and other stakeholders at level.
Qualifications and skills
- University degree or equivalent in engineering, with post-graduate education in environment/economics/finance/business administration, or equivalent professional with technical and economics skills.
- Strong communication and analytical skills.
- Fluency in English and Spanish.
- International project management experience, proven leadership skills and exposure to loans and TA operations.
- Experience of at least 15 years in the preparation and implementation of internationally financed programmes/projects in the Solid Waste Management (SWM) sector.
- Management of projects/programmes in the field of SWM, with a special focus in low- and middle income economies.
- Strong working experiences in similar projects financed by International Financing Institutions (IFIs) are considered as an advantage.
- Working successfully with public authorities including Ministries, regional and local governments, with communication skills that foster cooperation and partnership building.
Please send us an updated CV in EU format in english
Please note that we basically can only receive and process applications sent via our e-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
About the Organization
We create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.