Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a service enterprise for development cooperation with international operations and global experience. Owned by the Federal Republic of Germany, the organisation operates as a private-sector enterprise with a development policy mandate: to make sustainable improvements to the living conditions of people in the countries we operate in. The organisation’s business area - GIZ International Services - is the vehicle for offering GIZ’s services to international clients.
GIZ International Services is shortlisted for an EU - funded project: Technical Assistance in support to Civil Society and Local Authorities for local development in Sierra Leone.
The purpose is to support to civil society and local authorities for local development in Sierra Leone regarding Technical Assistance.
The project will integrate the provision of technical assistance to develop the technical skills of Local Government and CSOs, to consolidate and further build the planning, administrative and financial management capacity of local authorities consistent with decentralization objectives.
Education and Skills
- Degree in Public Administration or in Development Studies or Local Economic Development or Law or in Economics or equivalent;
- Proficiency in English;
- Proven experience on Project Cycle Management and EDF procedures;
- Excellent communication and knowledge transfer skills (for capacity building activities);
- Must be computer literate and highly proficient in Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- At least ten (10) years professional working experience in assisting, advising or implementing policy-based reforms and public administration;
- Experience in training and capacity building on EDF procedures (management of EDF projects, including monitoring & evaluation), Project Cycle Management tools and Logical Framework;
- Experience as a Team Leader or equivalent on at least two similar sized projects;
- Experience of working in Anglophone African countries will be considered an advantage.
- Six (6) years professional working experience in supporting institutional decentralisation reforms;
- At least 8 years of working on democratic governance and institutional strengthening in developing countries, preferably in a technical advisory capacity, including in anglophone Africa;
- Experience in planning, delivering, management and implementation of capacity building programmes associated with public administration reform, decentralization and local authorities;
- Experience in participatory development planning, monitoring/reporting, and financial management.
Please note that we basically can only receive and process applications sent via our e-recruiting system. Should you not be able to do so, please contact the person named in the job advertisement.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
Please send us an updated CV in EU format in english.
About the Organization
We create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.