The purpose of the evaluation is to assess the performance to date of the Cambodian Civil Society Strengthening activity (CCSS); propose actionable recommendations for USAID and implementing partner (East West Management Institute) that would help improve the activity’s performance in the remainder of the performance period; and provide USAID with a summary of lessons learned from the implementation of CCSS about how to design and manage civil society programs.
SI is seeking a Team Leader - International (Senior Evaluator) consultant to lead the Mid-Term Performance Evaluation of the CCSS Activity, make recommendations to improve the activity’s performance in the remainder of the performance period, and provide lessons learned to USAID/Cambodia in designing and managing civil society programs.
The estimated period of performance for this evaluation is about 16 weeks (inclusive of four weeks of fieldwork), and is estimated to begin this August 2019.
- Oversee the evaluation and coordinate the team, ensuring team members understand their roles and responsibilities, and assign individual data collection, analysis, and reporting responsibilities.
- Coordinate with SI’s HO team throughout the evaluation.
- Develop evaluation design to address evaluation questions, including information on data collection and analysis. will write the final report.
- Oversee fieldwork and data collection activities to ensure quality.
- Lead the preparation and presentation of the key evaluation findings and recommendations to the USAID.
- Brief the USAID TOCOR weekly on the evaluation progress.
- Must have a Masters’ degree with a minimum of 12 years of experience evaluating and, or managing civil society programs.
- Prior experience as an Evaluation Team Leader on USAID-funded projects in Cambodia or South-East Asia.
- Extensive experience engaging constructively and effectively with USG and senior host country counterparts and government officials.
- Must have familiarity with USAID evaluation policy [USAID Automated Directive System (ADS) Chapter 201].
- Must have experience possess knowledge of the Cambodian development context and issues.
- Must possess experience in conducting evaluation or research studies.
- Must have excellent English language skills in both written and verbal communications.
- Demonstrated team management or evaluation team management experience.
About the Organization
Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. We provide services globally in the areas of monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning, project and program design, organizational capacity building, and gender and social analysis. SI services cross-cut all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. SI’s clients include US government agencies such as USAID, the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the US Department of State, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and non-profits.