Job DescriptionPosition Summary
RTI’s Governance and Economic Development (GED) Division pursues innovative approaches and builds on best practices to create the foundation for and to promote democratic governance and economic development. Working alongside global partners, public institutions, the private sector, and civil society, we help build more effective, accountable, and responsive institutions and policies at the national, regional, and local levels of government.
The GED Division is currently accepting applications for Team Leader for an anticipated DFID-funded Nepal Skills for Employment Programme in Nepal. The programme aims to create domestic jobs for young people through supply- and demand-focused interventions on skills provision, and to support greater development benefits from migration. It will support DFID and the Government of Nepal to implement the delivery of skills systems strengthening, innovation and delivery and migration components. The programme will adopt a market-based (markets for the poor) approach and be driven by innovation, evidence and value for money. The anticipated budget is $19 million pounds and the key outcome is 100,000 beneficiaries directly reached, with increased income or productivity.
The Team Leader will be responsible for overall leadership and management of all aspects of the project•s performance, providing technical direction to the entire program, and representing the project•s activities as a whole to external audiences. She/he will ensure an integrated vision among different components and actors. This is a full-time position with residency in Nepal.
- Responsible for leading the strategic planning for the programme; ensure close coordination with DFID, and programme partners and stakeholders including the Government of Nepal.
- Responsible for ensuring quality control and overall responsiveness of technical assistance provided under the programme, including harmonization and effective coordination across components.•
- Foster and maintain effective, professional relations with a broad range of government counterparts and the sector stakeholders.
- Serve as primary liaison with DFID Nepal, government counterparts, and RTI home office. Confer with DFID on administrative and technical matters; adjust programme operations to ensure responsiveness with technical direction.
- Oversee project management, technical work, scheduling, and deadlines associated with the project.• Ability to assign specific tasks and duties as necessary to fulfil deliverables.
- Ensure all activities conform to the terms and conditions of project requirements, including cost, schedule and quality parameters. Identify issues and risks to implementation in a timely manner; recommend appropriate course corrections and solutions.
- Ensure the timely and quality completion of all program deliverables and reports in accordance with DFID guidelines.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operational oversight and administration of the project.
- Directly supervise and mentor project staff.
• Required Skills and Qualifications:
- A minimum of a master•s degree in education or a relevant field, with 12 years of experience in technical and management roles on skills -development, education and training or employability programmes.
- At least 5 years of experience managing large-scale donor-funded programmes in the region, preferably DFID-funded.
- Experience working in youth development, higher education, workforce development, and/or economic development with a focus on employability preferred.••
- Verbal and written fluency in the English languages along with strong communications, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated team player with effective cross-cultural interpersonal skills; able to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse partners and lead multidisciplinary teams.
- Ability to resolve sensitive and complicated work issues with senior high-level country counterparts, donor representative and senior-level staff.
- Position is contingent upon award and funding.
About the OrganizationIDG Governance & Economic Development