Call for international development experts – Various locations, Worldwide
European Commission Framework Contracts
Tetra Tech is looking for international development experts for EC Framework Contracts projects
Tetra Tech has regular opportunities for senior evaluators and is looking to expand its expert pool to service a number of framework contracts and long-term technical assistance contracts. Via individual assignments defined and contracted through Specific Contracts we provide expertise which can be mobilised at short notice for countries benefiting from the Commission’s external aid programmes. We support and advise along the entire cycle of operations (from design to implementation and evaluation of EU interventions).
Tetra Tech would like to invite candidates to apply for a pool of evaluation consultants potentially available to mobilise for assignments worldwide in the following technical areas:
- Education and culture, Health, Social protection
- Rural development, Nutrition, Food security
- Water and sanitation, Environment and natural resources
- Democracy and rule of law, Gender equality, Human rights
- Civil society, Local authorities
- Sustainable cities, Transport Infrastructure, Digitalisation
- Energy and Climate change
- Investment climate, Private sector development and employment, International trade, Macroeconomic stability, Public finance management
- Nuclear safety and security, Conflict prevention, Fragility
We offer competitive fee rates and the opportunity to work in teams that are supported by specialist in-house evaluation managers and research staff.
To demonstrate our competitive advantage Tetra Tech draws primarily on its pool of thousands of associates to ensure that every bid specifically addresses our Client’s real requirements and guarantees the delivery of best VfM. Successful candidates will be contacted when suitable assignments arise.
We welcome applications for: Team Leaders and Senior Evaluators (with a Master’s degree and 10+ years of experience) with experience in conducting EU strategic evaluations (e.g. country and thematic evaluations) and evaluations of EU financial instruments and modalities.
Applicants’ CVs should include:
- at least three references as Team leader for multi-disciplinary evaluation teams;
- experience in managing complex - strategic evaluations for the EU (at least 5 references);
- relevant expertise and experience in the following areas: (1) Education and culture, Health, Social protection; (2) Rural development, Nutrition, Food security; (3) Migration; (4) Water and sanitation, Environment and natural resources; (5) Democracy and rule of law, Gender equality, Human rights; (6) Civil society, Local authorities; (7) Sustainable cities, Transport Infrastructure, Digitalisation; (8) Energy and Climate change; (9) Investment climate, Private sector development and employment, International trade, Macroeconomic stability, Public finance management; and/or (10) Nuclear safety and security, Conflict prevention, Fragility.
- relevant expertise and experience in countries/regions where the EU operate (including accession countries);
- thorough knowledge of development co-operation (e.g. bilateral and regional) and EU’s external financing instruments
Applicants should have an in-depth knowledge and practical experience of the European Commission’s evaluation methodological approaches in applying a range of evaluation methods and techniques – and of leading/working as part of multi-disciplinary evaluation teams.
Excellent knowledge of English required (C1 at least).
Knowledge of Spanish, French or other EU languages an asset.
If you would like to be included in this pool of experts for future opportunities, please send your CV, area of expertise and your availability using the online tool.
Applications will be assessed on an ongoing basis.
Tetra Tech has a 40-year history in successfully delivering international development projects on behalf of donors right around the world, including Australia’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, USAID and the UK’s Department for International Development. Our people work side by side with local partners to support stability, economic growth and good governance, positively changing people’s lives.
About the Organization
Tetra Tech International Development has a 40-year history in successfully delivering international development projects on behalf of donors around the world, including the UK’s Department for International Development (DFID), Foreign Commonwealth Office (FCO), and the European Union (EU). Our people are focused on improving lives by working side by side with local partners to support stability, economic growth, and good governance.
Tetra Tech International Development is part of Tetra Tech, a global family of experts providing international development services in over 13 key practice areas in over 100 countries around the world. Tetra Tech serves the major aid markets in the UK and Europe, as well as the U.S. Agency for International Development, the U.S. Department of State, Australia’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, and multilateral development banks.
Tetra Tech International Development has robust policies and guidelines which exemplify our commitment to safeguarding and technical excellence in gender equality. Our team of dedicated GEDSI advisers work closely with our staff and partners to ensure a context-specific and consistent approach is applied to all of our programmes to improve the livelihoods of the world’s most marginalised groups.