Summary of Position
CowaterSogema is excited to announce the opening of a Team Leader position for an upcoming project providing support to the management and delivery of a large scale poverty reduction programme in Bangladesh. The programme will support extremely poor people to connect to mainstream economic growth and jobs. It will also build the national systems that are needed to support public and private investment in extreme poverty programmes and basic services, such as health and education. The Team Leader will be based in Bangladesh, and will be responsible for overseeing the overall planning, management and implementation of the project and ensuring effective cooperation and coordination with the Contracting Authority and other project stakeholders.
- Master’s degree in the field of agricultural sciences, natural resource management, international development, economics, rural development, or another relevant discipline.
- At least 10 years experience in poverty reduction, development and planning at the national level with a focus on inclusive growth of the asset base of the poor.
- Previous experience as Team Leader in at least 2 development projects related to development effectiveness in poverty reduction, the agricultural and rural development sector.
- Preference for those with direct experience working on poverty reduction and/or economic management programmes.
- Proven knowledge of DFID project management procedures by the participation in at least 1 DFID project.
- Demonstrated ability to engage at the highest levels with donors and development agencies, government officials and bilateral donors.
- Knowledge of international best practices and policies in the fields of poverty reduction and pro-poor development strategies.
- Proven experience working in capacity building project management (technical assistance and training) including planning, budgeting and progress monitoring.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a cross-cultural setting.
- Strong team working experience, particularly at leadership level.
- High-level computing skills in word processing, spreadsheets, power point, and preferably web pages.
- Experience on cross-cutting issues such as civil society, gender and social inclusion, climate change, and disaster risk reduction.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills (speaking, writing and oral) in English;
- Capacity to think and work politically, building strategic relationships and identify creative ways to address challenges and issues and respond to opportunities;
- Excellent stakeholder management and relationship building skills;
- Coordination and communication skills to link both technical and conceptual aspects relevant to the agriculture and rural development sector as evidenced by 3 previous assignments;
- Excellent skills in drafting reports and/or Studies as evidenced by 5 previous assignments requiring such deliverables.
- 5 years working experience in SAARC countries would be considered an asset;
- Professional experience in Bangladesh and/or working with ministries of GoB would be an advantage.
About the Organization
With more than 30 years of experience, CowaterSogema is Canada’s global leader in management consulting services specializing in international development. We have managed the implementation of over 800 projects in more than 80 countries around the globe for clients such as DFID, DFAT Australia, the World Bank and Global Affairs Canada. We work with governments, partner organizations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, economic and environmental impacts. Our adaptive approach to management has led to our award-winning work and recognition as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies in 2017 and 2018.
We thank you for your interest in building a better tomorrow with CowaterSogema.