Job Title: Team Leader/Project Manager
Department/Location: Washington DC/Virginia and Madagascar
Reports To: Project Director
Type: Regular Full-time
Classification: This is a managerial, exempt level position Overview:
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI) is seeking an experienced Team Leader/Project Manager for the anticipated USAID Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Project (MEL) in Madagascar. The mission-wide platform will provide monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) services to USAID/Madagascar and its implementing partners (IP). Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Provide overall planning, team leadership, and strategic, technical, and financial guidance for project monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities;
- Responsible for ensuring high-quality analysis and synthesis of evaluation products;
- Responsible for ensuring the timely submission of all deliverables and products such as work plans, design protocols, M&E plans, evaluation reports, and other key documents and presentations;
- Provide quality control, ensuring that all assistance and work products are technically sound and of publishable quality; and
- Serve as the primary point of contact with USAID and maintain proactive and professional communication between project team, client, and IBTCI staff.
- Strong knowledge of monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities and systems;
- Significant experience in Madagascar highly preferred;
- Demonstrated experience in evaluation methodology, statistical analysis, research design, and/or data collection and analysis;
- Familiarity with USAID monitoring approaches (performance, context, and complexity-aware), and evaluation approaches (performance, outcome, and impact);
- Familiarity with Collaboration, Learning and Adaptability (CLA) rationale and tools; and
- Significant experience managing USAID contracts and fulfilling all reporting requirements.
- A minimum of 15 years of project management experience with at least 10 years of experience in designing, implementing, and managing complex monitoring and evaluation frameworks for programs in developing countries;
- 7 or more years of experience leading projects, evaluations, or research teams;
- Cross-sectoral experience desirable; experience with programming focused on health, food security/food aid, environment, climate change, and/or gender equality is preferred;
- Experience leading USAID funded projects of similar size and scope;
- Excellent leadership and communication skills; and
- Must be fluent in oral and written English and French.
Master’s Degree in International Development, Global Affairs, Monitoring and Evaluation, Agriculture, Public Health, or related fields is required.Working Environment:
Work is typically performed in an office environment, with some time spent in the field.Supervisory Responsibility:
This position does have supervisory requirements.Travel:
International travel is required.No phone calls, please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
About the Organization
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies, and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.