Devex is assisting an international consulting firm dedicated to development.
The Feed the Future Nigeria Livelihoods Project is a 5-year activity implemented with rural communities in northern Nigeria’s Sokoto state, Kebbi state and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT). The project is innovative in design, using a multi-sector approach to help 42,000 very poor households increase agricultural production, income and improve nutrition. The activity is implemented with eight local civil society partners, working closely with stakeholders in the community, government, and private sector.
The team leader will develop the outline for the draft report, present the report, and after incorporating USAID/Nigeria staff comments, submit the final report to USAID/Nigeria within the prescribed timeline.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined above, the Team Leader will:
- Finalize and negotiate with USAID/Nigeria the team’s work plan.
- Establish assignment roles, responsibilities, and tasks for each team member.
- Ensure that the logistics arrangements in the field are complete.
- Take the lead on preparing, coordinating team member input, submitting, revising and finalizing the assignment report.
- Manage the process of report writing.
- Manage team coordination meetings in the field.
- Coordinate the workflow and tasks and ensure that team members are adhering to the schedule.
- Handle conflict within the team.
- Serve as primary interface with USAID/Nigeria and serve as the spokesperson for the team.
- Debrief USAID/Nigeria as the evaluation progresses, and organize a final debriefing.
- Keep the USAID/Nigeria appraised of progress challenges, work changes, team travel plans in the field, and report preparation via phone conversation or email at least once a week.
- Serve as primary interface with USAID/Nigeria for the submission of draft and final reports and deliverables to USAID/Nigeria.
- Make decisions in conjunction with USAID/Nigeria about the safety and security of the team.
- Evaluation work plan
- Evaluation design (protocols)
- In-briefing upon arrival in Abuja, mid-term updates, and final exit briefing
- Draft evaluation report
- Final evaluation report with final PowerPoint presentation according to specified template
- Availability and willingness to be in Nigeria for up to 12 weeks, starting on or about January 2018
- A minimum of seven (7) years of experience in evaluation management, and qualitative data collection and analysis
- Experience in conducting evaluations and designing performance evaluations as well as the ability to produce high-quality evaluation reports in English.
- Strong interpersonal skills are required.
- Ability to manage the evaluation, including coordinating and packaging the deliverables.
- Familiarity with USAID’s evaluation policies and guidance included in the USAID Automated Directive System (ADS) in Chapter 200
- Strong technical/evaluation report writing and communication/presentation skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.
NOTE: This position description should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
About the Organization
The organization is an international consulting firm and small business dedicated to the development, with over 30 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to the government, the private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. The organization data-driven organization that specializes in informing policy making by delivering focused data-driven evidence-based analysis products and services. The organization’s core practice areas include Economic and Data analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation, Education and Youth Development, Gender and Inclusive Development, and Public Financial Management.