DAI Europe is currently preparing for the forthcoming EU project “Technical Assistance to Support Global Climate Change Alliance Plus (GCCA+)/Mainstreaming of Climate Smart Planning and Implementation Approaches into the Productive Safety Net Program IV (PSNP4) in Ethiopia” which is expected to start in August 2018. DAI Europe is a leading development company with an extensive EU and with offices in Brussels and London. DAI Europe is part of DAI Global which is based in Washington DC.
The overall objective of the project, which this contract will be a part, is to improve resilience and adaptive capacity of targeted poor and vulnerable communities in Ethiopia to climate change driven impacts.
The purpose of this contract is to provide technical assistance to enable the MoANR to:
- mainstreaming climate smart initiative in the watershed and rangeland activities planning and implementation in the Productive Safety Net Program IV at federal and regional levels;
- enhance institutional and technical capacity in activities planning, management and monitoring of PSNP’s public works component improving the coordination with the Sustainable Land Management Program (SLMP) and securing a climate smart approaches at federal and regional levels; and
- enable the Ministry generate evidences to promote dialogue on climate sensitive development programming and for future climate financing.
We welcome applications for the position of Team Leader. The profile description can be found below:
Key expert 1: TA Team Leader – Specialist in Climate Smart Initiative projects (22 mandays per month)
Qualifications and skills:
- The Team Leader must have advanced university degree (at least master’s degree) in business management, administration, economics, agriculture or other related fields from a recognized university.
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written.
General professional experience:
- A minimum of 12 years of experience in the rural development sector, managing complex, multi-stakeholder programs in a developing country, is required preferably in Africa.
- Proven experience of supporting sector wide programme in high level advisory position
- Prior working experience in Ethiopia would be an asset.
About the Organization
DAI is an international development company. For 40 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries. Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.