Project title: Technical assistance to Support GCCA+/Mainstreaming of climate smart planning and implementation approaches into the Productive safety net program IV (PSNP4) in Ethiopia
The overall objective of the project, which this contract will be a part, is to improve resilience and adaptive capacity of targeted poor and vulnerable communities in Ethiopia to climate change driven impacts.
The purpose of this contract is:
- Mainstreaming climate smart initiative in the watershed and rangeland activities planning and implementation in the Productive Safety Net Program IV at federal and regional levels;
- Enhance institutional and technical capacity in activities planning, management and monitoring of PSNP’s public works component improving the coordination with the Sustainable Land Management Program (SLMP) and securing a climate smart approaches at federal and regional levels;
- Enable the Ministry generate evidences to promote dialogue on climate sensitive development programming and for future climate financing.
Expected results of the project are as follows:
- Appropriate climate smart approaches and methodologies are identified, analysed, coordinated at macro watershed level and mainstreamed into the PSNP planning and implementation processes;
- Enhanced institutional and technical capacity on the use of modern tools like GIS, remote sensing and land use planning in the public works of the PSNP programme, to respond to climate change risks/opportunities; and enhance monitoring capacities at all levels including a better reporting of PSNP climate change impact on Ethiopia commitment to reduce carbon emissions;
- Improved documentation and dissemination of evidences generated through the project to support sector dialogue and leverage climate finance.
Commencement date of the project: August 2018
Duration of the assignment: 22 mandays per month
Qualifications and skills:
- The Team Leader must have advanced university degree (at least master’s degree) in business management, administration, economics, agriculture or other related fields from a recognized university;
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written;
- At least one of the four key experts will have a good knowledge of Amharic (language of the country).
General professional experience:
- A minimum of 12 years of experience in the rural development sector, managing complex, multi-stakeholder programs in a developing country, is required preferably in Africa;
- Proven experience of supporting sector wide programme in high level advisory position.
- Prior working experience in Ethiopia would be an asset.
Specific professional experience:
- At least 4 years recent experience as Team Leader in an international team;
- Proven recent experience in climate changes mainstreaming including building capacities on climate sensitive planning and implementation within Government;
- Proven knowledge and use of Environment and Social Management Framework (ESMF).
- Previous experience in climate smart public works and livelihoods programming and implementation would be an advantage.
About the Organization
Human Dynamics is a leading European provider of consulting services for the public sector with more than 120 projects implemented in 30 countries worldwide. Currently, Human Dynamics and its 300 experts and consultants advise more than 40 ministries and public/government agencies worldwide. You are welcome on our website for more details: www.humandynamics.org