About the project:
The objectives of the Technical Assistance Programme on Energy and Green Growth under the India-UK Energy for Growth Partnership are to boost energy security through accelerated investments in energy infrastructure; and to accelerate green growth by developing cleaner sources of energy at pace and scale. It is expected that the programme will enable; a significant increase in international India energy trade and investment flows; including with the UK, a lower carbon growth trajectory in line with objectives to limit dangerous climate change; and stronger UK-India technology and people partnerships. The total budget allocation for this work is £11-15million and work is expected to start in August/September 2018.
About the role:
The Team Leader for this project will be responsible for the provision of high level technical expertise and logistical assistance in order to achieve the programme’s objectives. This is a high-level position of responsibility, leading a team and managing multiple stakeholders in India and the UK and working through the Energy for Growth Dialogue process and in the context of Joint Working Groups and Task Forces associated with UK-India bilateral cooperation on energy.
You will be based in New Delhi, India with travel to different states - Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Gujarat, and Telangana.
- Preferably more than 15, but a minimum 10 years’ experience working as an expert in the fields of Renewable Energy, Energy Efficiency and/or Green Finance with a related Master’s degree level qualification
- Minimum 3 years full-time, proven postgraduate experience leading teams in the public or private sector or in public-funded projects of similar size and duration
- Proven track record working at a governmental level in India with relevant stakeholders and a very good knowledge of the UK’s energy cooperation with India
- Understanding of UK’s energy expertise and trade potential
- Experience of working in UK Clean Energy sector desirable
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- High proficiency of English and preferably Hindi
Ready to apply?
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and a CV to this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Organization
ICF (www.icf.com) is a consultancy firm with offices in the UK, Belgium, US and worldwide. At ICF, we help governments, public agencies and international institutions solve complex problems and improve the quality of life of people around the world. We offer critical insight and rigorous analytical techniques to deliver innovative solutions and thought-provoking analyses for our clients.
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigour to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to assist our clients and benefit their constituencies. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.