Team Leader (TL), MEL Support to USAID Indonesia, Indonesia
Social Impact is responding to a two-year Task Order request to support the design and implementation of the Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) for FY 2020 - FY 2024 by providing technical, consulting, and advisory services related to monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) to the USAID/Indonesia mission. This includes providing M&E Technical Services (Objective 1), and M&E Related Advisory Services and Knowledge Management (Objective 2). This award will also provide targeted MEL support to enhance the Mission’s efforts to build a culture of learning through internal MEL-related training and learning-related tasks and events. This includes providing Improved Capacity for Learning and Adapting (Objective 3) and potentially extending this support to local organizations in order to strengthen their M&E capacity (under Objective 4).
This project is anticipated to begin September 1, 2019, with the Team Leader to be in-country 35 days after award.
SI is seeking a qualified full-time Team Leader (TL) to lead all technical and administration of this two-year MEL field office project.
The TL will be full-time for the two-year duration of the project and will be based in Jakarta.
- Responsible for overall project management, quality and timeliness of deliverables.
- Provide direct technical assistance in strategy and planning, as well as learning as needed on activities. The TL would lead SI’s facilitation of the CDCS development process as well as support to the mission’s M&E Community of Practice.
- Provide a strategic vision for managing the Components and Tasks and will oversee project activities to ensure quality work and compliance with contractual obligations and results.
- Responsible for the quality and performance of work that is sub-contracted to other partners.
- Meet with USAID on a regular basis and serve as Social Impact’s Representative for the project before USAID/Indonesia, Government of Indonesia, implementing partners and other stakeholders.
- Supervise and oversee activities of all long and short-term personnel. Mentor, support and supervise project staff and directly manage the key technical team.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including government officials, NGOs and community groups for smooth implementation.
- Facilitate the development of annual project work plans and budgets and ensure the timely submission and quality of all project reports, materials, and publications, compliant with the contract agreement.
- Ensure necessary program planning, development, resource availability and management activities function smoothly and efficiently.
- Master’s degree in international development, strategic planning, project design and implementation, monitoring and evaluation methodologies, or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience managing and/or evaluating international development projects in the field funded by USAID.
- Prior experience leading teams and/or managing an office with a diverse staff.
- Expertise in strategy, planning and learning technical experience (e.g. developing CDCS’s, coordination of bureaus and actors, facilitating learning sessions, etc.).
- Experience working with a diverse group of stakeholders, including donor/development organizations, government officials, civil society leaders, community leaders, and project beneficiaries.
- Familiarity with the USAID Automated Directive System (ADS), the 200 series, and knowledge of development trends required.
- Fluency in English with proficiency in Bahasa Indonesia preferred.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls
About the Organization
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.