Cowater is urgently looking for a short-term Team Leader for Task 1 “Willingness to Pay Study” of its active project in Mongolia financed by MCC.
The Team Leader for Task 1 will ensure effective stakeholder consultations with Deputy Team Leader support, provide the design of the Willingness to Pay Study and its methodology, design of the contingent valuation survey instruments and related documents, and lead data analysis and report preparation and presentations. S/he will also support MCA Entity in the process of overseeing the quality of the data collection process carried out by NSO, the supervisors and enumerators training survey pilot, providing technical inputs and recommendations in the context of the problem-solving workshop, and ensuring compliance with informed consent, data storage, and confidentiality protocols.
Minimum qualifications include the following:
- A Master’s degree or PhD in economics, preferably with a concentration in development economics and/or environmental economics
- At least 8 years of experience undertaking economic analyses and household surveys, including leading the design and implementation of willingness to pay studies in the water sector, with strong quantitative research skills and applied micro-econometrics proficiency
- Demonstrated capacity and professional experience in survey design and implementation including sampling strategy, estimating sample size, data analysis plan, survey data weighting, training enumerators, oversight of survey implementation and advanced econometrical analysis, including working with large raw datasets from household surveys
- Demonstrated experience supervising research teams
- Significant work experience in developing countries, with preference for experience in Central Asia and the former Soviet Union
- Previous experience working in Mongolia would be an advantage.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and demonstrated ability to produce high quality written deliverables in English
- Proficiency with Excel and Stata
Employment conditions: Short-term home-based assignement (42 days LOE)
Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
For your application to be considered, please upload your documents as followed: Candidate Last Name, First Name, date, Title of the Position.
We thank all applicants, however only those shortlisted will be contacted.
We thank you for your interest in building a better tomorrow with Cowater International.
About the Organization
With more than 30 years of experience, Cowater International is Canada’s global leader in management consulting services specializing in international development. We have managed the implementation of over 800 projects in more than 80 countries around the globe for clients such as DFID, DFAT Australia, the World Bank and Global Affairs Canada. We work with governments, partner organizations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, economic and environmental impacts. Our adaptive approach to management has led to our award-winning work and recognition as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies in 2017 and 2018.