As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
For our operations in Tunisia/, we are looking for a/an
Team Leader with focus on Health Service Delivery (m/f) – Libyan Health System Strengthening Programme (LHSS) – EU funded
Field of activity
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a state owned organisation. We work worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ International Services (InS) is an integral division of GIZ. We offer the experience, the regional and technical know-how of GIZ in the global market and provide international clients with expertise in terms of economic and result-oriented services.
GIZ International Services is participating to the EU-funded tender: “Libyan Health System Strengthening Programme (LHSS)”.
The overall objective of the LHSS programme is to improve efficiency, effectiveness and quality of health service delivery in Libya. Its purpose is to strengthen strategic planning, financing as well as management and quality of health service delivery.
The specific objective of this mission is to assure continuity of activities and operational implementation. This includes planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of activities formulated under the work plan with a focus on health service delivery.
In close cooperation with the national (Libyan) Key-Expert-2, the team leader will focus on the development and implementation of a health care delivery model based on the Essential Package of Health Services (EPHS) a draft of which has been published and circulated. This involves stakeholder coordination at international level (with Development Partners like the WHO and the World Bank), management of contributions of international non-key experts (NKE) as well as monitoring of project progress and reporting. Besides the programmatic focus on health service delivery, the expert also needs to keep oversight of activities at the interface between health service delivery and health system strengthening at central level including aspects of health care financing and health system (institutional and organizational) reform which will be addressed by other NKEs who are part of the team.
Qualifications and skills
- A health specialist with a clinical degree and/or a degree in Health Care Management and/or Public Health and/or with a degree in Political Science or Business Administration with a postgraduate degree in a health related subject;
- Experienced with the development and implementation of regulatory and management frameworks for health service delivery including tools and instruments to improve performance of health care providers and the quality of health care;
- Experienced with project management tools and approaches in developing countries (preferably fragile states) like e.g. log-frames , performance monitoring and capacity building
General professional experience
- A minimum of 10 years of professional work experience in areas related to health service organization and management (at facility level but also at district / regional level);
- Working experience in post-conflict countries;
Specific professional experience
- In-depth understanding of issues and factors determining (performance and quality of) health service delivery and problem-solving approach in a complex, multi-stakeholder environment;
- Excellent management skills with prior experience in managing large scale projects and teams;
- Demonstrated Monitoring and evaluation experience including data analysis skills
- Appreciation for systems-level thinking, ability to influence change and a gender and culturally sensitive attitude;
- Ability to work independently, determine priorities in a results and impact oriented approach, manage multiple tasks, and meet timelines while collaborating with many partners;
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English are precondition; knowledge of the Libyan context would be an asset.
The position shall be filled for a period of one year with Tunis being the place of residence and main place of work. The expert shall organise regular visits to Tripoli (MOH) and project pilot sites close to Tripoli (security permitting). More detailed ToR are available on request.
The intended start date for this position is 01.05.2018.
Please note that we basically can only receive and process applications sent via our e-recruiting system. Should you not be able to do so, please contact the person named in the job advertisement. To enable us to assess your existing skills and qualifications as part of our internal selection procedure, please complete the questionnaire on your competences when you apply online. After submitting an application, please check your spam/junk folder regularly for incoming messages, as emails from our e-recruiting system are treated as spam by some providers.
GIZ would like to improve the share of disabled employees, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
Please send us an updated CV in Europeaid format in english.
If we caught your interest, we are looking forward to your application until 30.03.2018.
To apply, please make use of our online - application facility under: https://recruiting.giz.de/www/index.php?ac=jobad&id=36165