Job Title Team /Technical Leads – Nigeria FCO Global Future Cities Programme
Location Nigeria – Lagos and Ogun states (Lagos, Abeokuta)
About the opportunity
We are sourcing a unique team of experts to deliver the UK FCO Prosperity Fund Global Future Cities Programme in Nigeria. The programme will implement a number of multi-year interventions in Lagos and Ogun states. These interventions will produce guidelines and plans for urban development and urban renewal; and urban land and water transportation management. The final results of the programme will inform and influence urban development in Lagos and Ogun states – in Lagos Megacity and Abeokuta in particular – into the future.
About the roles
As a team leader or a technical lead, you will be responsible for managing technical inputs to achieve key programme deliverables and managing the performance of the expert team. We will expect you to show strong managerial and leadership skills, including stakeholder management and liaison with clients and beneficiaries. The positions will be based in Lagos.
- Extensive experience in Nigeria in one or more of the following fields: urban planning and urban renewal, urban land and water transportation, and municipal/infrastructure engineering
- Preferably a Master’s level degree in Urban and regional planning and development, Urban transportation or Engineering, or a related field
- You will have experience in managing and/or leading teams on large donor-funded programmes
- You will have experience working at diverse levels in Nigeria, interacting with government ministries and institutions, the private sector and civil society.
- Ideally, you will be familiar with UK development assistance mechanisms.
Ready to apply?
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and a CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line: ‘FCO-Nigeria Team/Technical Leads’ in your email.
About the Organization
ICF (www.icf.com) is a consultancy firm with offices in the UK, Belgium, US and worldwide. At ICF, we help governments, public agencies and international institutions solve complex problems and improve the quality of life of people around the world. We offer critical insight and rigorous analytical techniques to deliver innovative solutions and thought-provoking analyses for our clients.
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigour to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to assist our clients and benefit their constituencies. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.