Chemonics seeks a technical advisor based in Conakry, Guinea, to support the USAID Global Health and Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project. PSM will be the primary vehicle through which USAID procures and provides health commodities, provides technical assistance to improve partner countries’ management of the supply chain, and collaborates with key international stakeholders to support global health initiatives. The Guinea office will work under two of the project’s task orders (the U.S. President’s Malaria Initiative and Population and Reproductive Health) to provide commodities, supply-chain technical assistance, and waste management assistance. To execute work plan activities at the health system’s regional and central levels, the technical advisor will work closely with the regional advisors. The technical advisor will also oversee and manage supply-chain operations for the storage and distribution of USAID-funded commodities in Guinea, identifying systems-strengthening needs. In addition, the technical advisor will collaborate with the Ministry of Health to improve the integration of the supply chain and the management of waste. Working closely with and supervising the waste management and pharmacy specialists, the technical advisor will facilitate the disposal of legacy waste. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall supply-chain management technical assistance to support an integrated supply-chain strategy
- Coordinate with USAID team members and U.S. government-funded public health cooperating agencies
- Identify needs for specialized technical assistance with logistics locally and from the home office; design and coordinate relevant technical assistance requirements
- Identify and provide for training that public sector and cooperating agency staff need to improve forecasting, storage, distribution, and inventory control
- Help provide technical assistance in the national forecasting and quantification of malaria, reproductive health, and essential medicines and medical supplies
- Assist the Pharmacie Centrale de Guinee, National Malaria Control Programme, Logistic Management Unit, and other Ministry of Health counterparts with improving the storage and distribution of USAID-funded commodities
- Assist the Pharmacie Centrale de Guinee, National Malaria Control Programme, Logistic Management Unit, other applicable Ministry of Health counterparts, and others involved in the expanded distribution system for pharmaceutical medications maintain the system, analyze data from Logistics Management Information System reports, provide analysis to stakeholders, and ensure that data is effectively used to facilitate supply-chain decision-making
- Assist with developing work plans with the local team and USAID
- Support quality assurance activities and USAID environmental impact reporting
- Assist in preparing the Procurement Planning and Monitoring Report, Procurement Planning and Monitoring Report for malaria, and any other reports as necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Advanced degree in medicine, public health, supply-chain management, or a related field required; a bachelor’s degree in one of these fields and three years of work experience in addition to the five required may be substituted for a graduate degree
- At least five years of experience in public health, program management, pharmaceuticals and medical supplies, or supply-chain management systems
- Authorization to work in Guinea
- Demonstrated ability to manage and implement a complex USAID-, Center for Disease Control-, international donor-, or NGO-funded public health project in a developing country context
- Skilled at leading and managing high-performing teams
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with host-country officials, donors, and other key stakeholders
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluent English and French required
Send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Technical Advisor” in the subject line to PSMGuineaRecruit@gmail.com by March 30, 2018. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis; early submission is encouraged. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.