Mid-Level Technical Advisor
The Department of State (DOS) created the Managing for Results (MfR) framework to facilitate the alignment in policy priorities, strategic responses, budget planning, and performance management. The framework supports program activity with strengthened performance management and evaluation. All work will be performed on site in Washington, D.C.
- Provide expertise, leadership, management, and principal responsibility for designing, conducting, and managing quality control of various short- and long-term evaluations in different sectors
- Ensure the integrity of the methodology, process, and comparability of evaluation findings
- Responsible for leading a multidisciplinary cross-cultural team as applicable
- Responsible for preparing standard deliverables, including evaluation plans, performance management plans, publishable report summaries, experience reviews, progress reports, monitoring reports, and evaluation reports
- Coordinate the process of assembling findings and recommendations into a high-quality analytical document
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- University Degree in a related field such as International Relations, Development Studies, Telecommunications, Computer Science or Political Science, is required; Advanced degree is highly desirable
- Proven track record of conducting and/or contributing to the completion of government/donor-sponsored evaluations in different functional areas: Security; Diplomacy, Media and Cultural Affairs; Environment, Science, and Technology; Economics, Business, and Trade; or other Crosscutting areas.
- Technical understanding of performance/progress evaluation, summative/ex-post/impact evaluation, developmental evaluation, sector or multi-country evaluation, experience/desk reviews, meta-evaluation, and organization evaluation
- Previous experience in working with and knowledge of the DOS is preferred
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required;
- Excellent research, writing, analytical and presentation skills
- Experience managing evaluation teams
- Minimum of 6 - 8 years of demonstrated experience in conducting evaluations on telecommunications, or regulatory or legislative reform projects overseas,
- Significant knowledge of quantitative and qualitative evaluation methods
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state, and local law.
About the Organization
About IDS International
IDS and its team of experts have built a strong reputation for their unparalleled depth of multi-disciplinary expertise in the 3Ds - defense, development, and diplomacy. We maintain an extensive network of interagency and smart power experts who have recently served in complex operations environments. Since 2001, IDS has helped develop multi-disciplinary solutions to government and private sector challenges. Our subject matter experts in civil-military operations, social science research and analysis, training and capacity building work closely with customers to create solutions that cross boundaries and reflect best practices.