FHI 360 seeks qualified candidates for the position of Technical Advisor Business and Livelihood, to be based in the Beni Mellal-Khenifra Region of Morocco, supporting an anticipated USAID-funded project aimed to promote socio-economic inclusion within marginalized areas of Morocco through the improvement and institutionalization of participatory governance and enhancement of business and livelihood opportunities.
The Technical Advisor Business and Livelihood will be responsible for providing technical leadership to design activities aimed at enhancement of business and livelihood opportunities in the Beni Mellal-Khenifra Region. The Technical Advisor Business and Livelihood will provide programmatic management of programs focused on economic development, including: agriculture and rural development, ecotourism development, and enterprise development to support the enhancement of business and livelihood opportunities.
The Technical Advisor Business and Livelihood will:
- Provide technical leadership in economic development and livelihoods, with expertise including, but not limited to one or more of the following: livelihoods support, household economics, social safety nets, asset protection, household food access, household and community resilience, poverty reduction, skills training, access to credit for vulnerable populations, rural economic development, ecotourism development, agricultural development, agribusiness, and/or value chain development
- Provide technical guidance in design, development, planning, implementation, and capacity-building of activities to enhance business and livelihood opportunities
- Ensure FHI 360 programs with economic development and livelihoods components utilize evidence-driven industry best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in rural development, economics, agriculture, finance, or another related field
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in agribusiness development, ecotourism, economic strengthening, livelihoods development, and/or related field, as outlined above (10 or more years preferred)
- Experience in program design, program quality, and performance assessment
- Experience with ICT4D desirable (mobile technology, market information, etc.)
- Youth entrepreneurship and value chain development experience highly desired
- Experience with participatory techniques and adult learning methods and training facilitation
- Experience with capacity strengthening for staff and partners
- Familiarity with USAID programming, including rules and regulations
- Professional proficiency in French and Arabic required
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
About the Organization
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.