Technical Advisor, COVID-19 Response
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role:
The Technical Advisor will support implementation of COVID-19 response activities under the USAID-funded Health Policy Plus (HP+) project and other global health projects as needs arise. The successful candidate is anticipated to serve as a Country Activity Manager for one country, pending funding and internal approvals. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and providing oversight for project activities, including workplan development, budgeting, staffing, and reporting, and representing the project in technical and management meetings with partners, clients, and other stakeholders.
The role currently does not require any direct reports. It does require management of a diverse team. The role will be required to liaise closely with other members of Palladium’s Health Practice, in-country staff, clients, and government representatives to complete project activities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads planning, development, and implementation of specific COVID-19 response activities, including workplan development and management of staff, budget, reporting requirements, and products.
- Represents the project in meetings and fora with USAID, government counterparts, and other key stakeholders.
- Leads and manages formation and maintenance of a high-functioning team.
- Monitors and ensures quality of technical work implemented by activity team members.
- Coordinates with project delivery team to ensure that operations run smoothly for project implementation to ensure all project needs are met (activity budgets, subawards, consultants, pipelines, monthly forecasts, compliance, etc.).
- Identifies, hires and manages consultants and partner organizations effectively and efficiently.
- Develops presentations, manuscripts, reports, and briefs for internal and/or client or government use.
- Contributes to activity and project reporting requirements including inputs into monthly and semi-annual reports.
- Ensures compliance with USAID, project, and corporate technical guidance, including research review processes.
- Participates in business development efforts, as required and appropriate.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Experience in public health, international development, or other related fields. Experience with infectious disease, health security, epidemic response, or related areas preferred.
- Understanding of health systems challenges in developing country contexts.
- Clear and effective writing and oral communication skills, including significant experience with report development and delivering oral presentations supported by PowerPoint slides.Ability to present complex information to diverse audiences.
- Experience with project/program management, including managing remote, diverse teams of consultants and staff to achieve quality results in high-pressure situations.
- Experience managing USAID- or other donor-funded projects.
- Demonstrated problem solving, analytic, and financial skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to effectively and efficiently perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities often within a required timeframe.
- Native or bilingual fluency in Spanish.
- Professional and mature demeanor and conduct.
- Ability to take initiative and/or respond independently to situations.
- Works well with limited oversight and with diverse cross-cultural groups, partners, and colleagues.
- Experience working internationally
- Formal studies in international development, public health, or similar field
- Willingness and ability to travel and work in developing countries, when travel and health conditions allow