The TA1 - Emergency Operations and Finance Management will be responsible for providing technical assistance and partner capacity strengthening support to ensure high quality emergency operations, with special emphasis on finance, administration, sub-office setup, and human resources.
* Significant (3 to 5 years) experience in assisting partners to manage emergency operations and financial resources.
* Graduate degree in an international development related field, or its equivalent
* Sound management skills including a minimum of 3 years of field management experience with an international development agency
* Proven experience in establishing and maintaining effective partnerships and in building the capacity of local organizations
* Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to navigate the emergency coordination system
* Proven expertise in coordinating operations management and procedures training programs to support the development of emergency response staff
* Knowledge of CRS programming, Integral Human Development, SPHERE standards, Core Humanitarian Standards and Catholic Social Teaching principles preferred
* Demonstrated knowledge/experience of integrating cross-cutting themes such as capacity strengthening, protection mainstreaming, gender, good governance, and peacebuilding
* Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
* Excellent professional communications skills, with language proficiency in oral and written English and Spanish. Knowledge of Portuguese, French or Kreyol a plus.
* Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently
* Extremely flexible and able to cope with stressful situations in emergency environments
* Demonstrated ability to provide leadership in strategic planning initiatives
* Ability to work both as a motivating member and a leader of a diverse team
* Knowledge of the relevant public donors’ regulations will be highly desired
* Budgeting and budget management experience required.
* Knowledge of SunSystems financial accounting package or similar financial reporting software highly desired.
* Proven ability to analyze reports or issues and to provide appropriate recommendations required.
* Sound knowledge of local law in the areas of taxation and local regulatory reporting obligations is desired.
* Strong knowledge of effective management practices desired
* Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point) necessary; familiarity with the application of ICT and GIS products in emergency preparedness and response an asset
* Experience with staff care in emergency settings
* Willingness and ability to travel internationally 50% of time.
* Willingness and ability to deploy as soon as possible when disasters strike, primarily within Latin American and the Caribbean;may include deployments to other regions, as needed.
* Candidates from/presently based in the Latin American/Caribbean region would be preferred
Disclaimer: This JD is not an exhaustive list of the responsibilities of the position, and should the program transition into emergency response mode this position will include additional responsibilities as appropriate.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
About the Organization
CRS is a leading international relief and development agency with over 70 years of experience and programs in over 100 countries. CRS is committed to addressing root causes of poverty regardless of race, religion or creed and ensures our values inform our approach to programs, operations and human resource management. CRS is always looking for dedicated professionals who are values led and results driven.