Job Title: Technical Advisor I - Emergency WASH
Department: Humanitarian Response Department
Reports To: Technical Advisor (TAII) Emergency WASH
Country/Location: HQ-Baltimore or International Telecommuting
You will provide technical advice and support to a range of program design and implementation issues in the area of WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene) in line with Catholic Relief Services (CRS) program quality principles and standards, donor guidelines, and industry best practices to Country Program (CP) teams to advance the delivery of high-quality programming to the poor and vulnerable. Your advice, knowledge, and support will contribute to determining how effective, adaptive and innovative CRS’ WASH programming is across the globe.
Education and Experience
* Master’s Degree in Water and Sanitation Engineering, Civil Engineering, Hydrology, Hydrogeology, Environmental Engineering, Public Health or a related field to program area is required.
* Minimum of three years relevant work experience with progressive responsibilities (advisory and management), ideally with an international NGO, with minimum of two years relevant field-based experience in managing WASH programs. Five years or more work and field experience preferred.
* Knowledge of technical principles and concepts in WASH. General knowledge of other related disciplines to ensure proper cross-sectoral approach.
* Experience in project design and proposal development. Experience in writing content for proposals.
* Knowledge of capacity strengthening best practices.
* Experience with program monitoring and evaluation and analysis.
* Experience and skills in networking and relations with donors, peer organizations, and faith-based and civil society partners. Understanding of partnership principles.
* Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information and budget management systems, knowledge-sharing networks.
* Familiarity with current standards and guidelines for water supply, sanitation and hygiene in humanitarian emergency response, in particular SPHERE Standards.
* Good understanding of and experience coordinating with the WASH Cluster mechanism in humanitarian crises.
Required/Desired Foreign Language
* Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English required, and French preferred.
* Arabic, Spanish and Portuguese are advantageous.
Travel Required: 50%
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
* Continuous Improvement & Innovation
* Builds Relationships
* Develops Talent
* Strategic Mindset
* Accountability & Stewardship
What we offer
CRS offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, vision, generous retirement savings plan and the opportunity to work in a collaborative, mission-driven culture that is committed to improving the lives of the poor throughout the world.
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
EOE/M/F/D/V - CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
About the Organization
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS's Agriculture and Livelihoods team supports farming communities using our Pathway to Prosperity approach, which enables rural families to increase their productivity within sustainable landscapes, achieve a living income and build more resilient communities.