Reporting to: Associate Director Undernutrition Prevention and Resilience
Responsible for: Country support Nigeria/Pakistan/Haiti/Cambodia
Location: Remote, with periodic travel to New York office and field Position
Type: Salary Duration: from date of hire until 12.31.2018
YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE TO ENDING WORLD HUNGER BY …
working as a member of the Action Against Hunger -USA Technical Department and specific focal point for food security and livelihood for a portfolio of countries. The Technical Advisor will inform the development and implementation of Food Security & Livelihood (FSL) interventions, will contribute to the technical strategy within a multi-sectoral approach, and will lead global FSL sector representation, development and learning.
KEY ACTIVITIES IN YOUR ROLE WILL INCLUDE
- Advising FSL programs in Nigeria or Cambodia, Haiti and Pakistan.
- Providing support to HR on the identification, selection and orientation of technical field staff.
- Supporting the Associate Director, Undernutrition Prevention & Resilience in the identification, development and advancement of good practices and technical resources.
- Supporting the Associate Director, Undernutrition Prevention & Resilience in the technical representation, coordination and communication at internal and external level.
DO YOU MEET THE PROFILE REQUIRED CRITERIA ?
- You are a seasoned humanitarian professional with technical expertise in FSL
- You have a Post-Graduate degree (Master’s Degree or higher preferred) in Agronomy, Food Science, Socio-economics, Economics, Anthropology or similar.
- You have at least 3 years previous work in programs overseas with an international humanitarian organization.
- You have an extensive experience
- Working in different countries/contexts, emergency and post-crisis, in all the steps of the Project Cycle Management;
- Working with the main humanitarian donors, knowing proposals and reporting requirements.
- You are flexible, adaptable, dynamic and enthusiastic
- You are motivated to work within the humanitarian sector and to link it to other initiatives (research, external communication, outreach, etc.).
- You can present clear ideas and arguments, providing distance support, training and influence.
- You are proactive, autonomous, and reliable.
About the Organization
Action Against Hunger-USA is part of the Action Against Hunger International network, which provides humanitarian relief in over 40 countries worldwide in the sectors of nutrition, health, water/sanitation, and food security. Action Against Hunger-USA, an independent NGO, currently manages operations in 9 countries: Democratic Republic of Congo, Kenya, South Sudan, Nigeria, Pakistan, Cambodia, Tanzania, Uganda, Haiti. Action Against Hunger-USA has over $60 million in programs, and approximately 1,500 permanent staff based in New York City, Washington D.C, Nairobi, and country offices. Additional growth is anticipated.
- Lifesaving impact in nearly 50 countries
- 6,500+ field staff assisting more than 14.7 million people
- 35+ years of expertise responding to emergencies caused by conflict, natural disasters and food crises
Our global efforts save hundreds of thousands of lives each year, but millions of undernourished children remain in need of lifesaving treatment.