You will provide technical advice and support to a range of program design and implementation issues in the area of Cash and Markets in line with Catholic Relief Services (CRS) program quality principles and standards, donor guidelines, and industry best practices to Country Program (CP) teams to advance the delivery of high-quality programming to the poor and vulnerable. Your advice, knowledge, and support will contribute to determining how effective, adaptive and innovative CRS’ Cash and Markets programming is across the globe.
* Master’s Degree or equivalent experience in economics, agricultural economics, business, international development or related field required.
* Minimum of 3 years cash and market-based programming work experience with progressive responsibilities, ideally with an international NGO, with minimum of two years relevant field-based experience in challenging contexts.
* Knowledge of technical principles and concepts in cash and market-based programming. General knowledge of other related disciplines to ensure proper cross-sectoral approach.
* Demonstrated experience with needs and market assessments, as well as response analysis frameworks.
* Knowledge of capacity strengthening best practices, and working with and supporting local partners.
* Knowledge of SPHERE and SEEP Minimum Economic Recovery Standards.
* Knowledge of standard operating procedures and policies for cash and market-based programming
* Knowledge of humanitarian coordination mechanism and humanitarian funding landscape
* ICT4D, innovation and digital payments savvy preferred
* Experience working with and through local partner organizations as well as private or financial sector
* Basic knowledge of design requirements and regulations of major donors including the United States Government, Caritas, the EU, and UN agencies.
* Experience with and enthusiasm for coaching, mentoring and on the job training, capacity strengthening and partnership building.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
* Experience with program monitoring and evaluation and analysis.
* Experience and skills in networking and relations with donors, peer organizations, and faith-based and civil society Understanding of partnership principles.
* Experience in project design and proposal development. Experience in writing content for proposals.
Required Languages – Fluency in English essential. Knowledge of French, Spanish, Arabic, Portuguese or other languages is desirable.
Travel - Travel is expected be at least 50% for this position. Candidates should have capacity to live and work in difficult and stressful environments, and serve wherever agency needs dictate.
Agency - wide Competencies
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
* Continuous Improvement & Innovation
* Builds Relationships
* Develops Talent
* Strategic Mindset
* Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory Responsibilities None
What we offer
CRS offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, vision, generous retirement savings plan and the opportunity to work in a collaborative, mission-driven culture that is committed to improving the lives of the poor throughout the world.
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
EOE/M/F/D/V - CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
About the Organization
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS's Agriculture and Livelihoods team supports farming communities using our Pathway to Prosperity approach, which enables rural families to increase their productivity within sustainable landscapes, achieve a living income and build more resilient communities.