Job Title: Technical Advisor – Cash and Markets
Reports to: R2R Program Manager HRD
Internal Title: Technical Advisor I
Department: Humanitarian Response Department (HRD)
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: International Telecommuting
Under the supervision of the R2R Program Manager, the Technical Advisor (TA Cash/Markets) I will provide accompaniment and technical support on cash programming activities to CRS Country Programs in LACRO and to Caritas partners as part of the EMPOWER Caribbean and South America strategy. To date CRS’ Humanitarian Response Team (HRD) has supported Caritas partners in South America (Colombia, Brasil, Peru, Ecuador, and Venezuela) and the Caribbean (St. Lucia, Jamaica, Trinidad & Tobago, Dominican Republic, and Haiti), building capacity to respond to emergency situations. This position will be part of the Market-Based Rapid Response and Recovery Team (MBRRR), under the Humanitarian Response Department (HRD), and will work in direct contact with the EMPOWER Team. The Cash TA I will be responsible for developing guidance, building capacity, and promoting strategic leadership on cash programming, market assessment, and response analysis; and supporting the development and implementation of quality cash transfer programs with Caritas partners.
* Masters’ Degree or equivalent experience in economics, agricultural economics, international development or related field.
* Minimum of three years relevant work experience with progressive responsibilities, ideally with an international NGO, with minimum of two years relevant field-based experience in cash and markets.
* Knowledge of technical principles and concepts in cash and market programming including knowledge of SEEP Minimum Economic Recovery Standards.
* General knowledge of other related humanitarian response and recovery sectors to ensure proper cross-sectoral approach.
* Experience in project design and proposal development. Experience in writing content for proposals.
* Knowledge of capacity strengthening best practices and in accompanying local partner led programming and capacity building preferred.
* Experience in market assessment, response analysis frameworks, program monitoring and evaluation and analysis.
* Experience and skills in networking and relations with donors, peer organizations, and faith-based and civil society partners. Understanding of partnership principles.
Required Languages - English and Spanish fluency required
Travel- Travel is expected be 50% for this position. Candidates should have capacity to live and work in difficult and stressful environments and serve wherever agency needs dictate.
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
* Continuous Improvement & Innovation
* Builds Relationships
* Develops Talent
* Strategic Mindset
* Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory Responsibilities - None
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
EOE/M/F/D/V - CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
About the Organization
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS's Agriculture and Livelihoods team supports farming communities using our Pathway to Prosperity approach, which enables rural families to increase their productivity within sustainable landscapes, achieve a living income and build more resilient communities.