Job Title: Technical Advisor (TA) II – Markets and Agricultural Livelihoods
Reports To: Head of Programming
As a TA for Markets and Agricultural Livelihoods, you will provide technical advice, guidance, and support to a range of program design and implementation issues with a focus on larger projects in the area of Markets and Agricultural Livelihoods in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor guidelines, and industry best practices to regional and CP teams to advance the delivery of high-quality programming to the poor and vulnerable. Your technical knowledge, advice and guidance will contribute to determining how effective, adaptive and innovative CRS’ Markets and Agricultural Livelihoods programming is across the globe.
Education and Experience
* Master’s Degree in International Agricultural Development or a development related field, such as agricultural economics, agriculture, international development, agro-enterprise or agribusiness management required.
* Minimum of five years relevant international working experience in an advisory or management role with progressive responsibilities, ideally with an international NGO, with minimum of three years working for programming interventions in Markets and Agricultural Livelihoods.
* Previous experience providing technical assistance and developing successful proposals for external donor funding is required.
* Demonstrated application of technical principles and concepts in Markets and Agricultural Livelihoods, including cash and market-based programming, and microfinance. General knowledge of other related disciplines to ensure proper cross-sectoral approach.
* Experience in business development, project design and proposal development in Markets and Agricultural Livelihoods, including technical writing.
* Experience in mentoring, coaching, facilitation and training applying adult learning principles and practices.
* Experience with program monitoring and evaluation, including applying data collection tools and methodologies, data analysis, and data presentation.
* Experience and skills in networking and relations with donors, peer organizations, and faith-based and civil society partners. Understanding of partnership principles.
Required/Desired Foreign Language – Advanced or native fluency in written and oral English required.
Travel Required – 25% for in country field office support.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
* Continuous Improvement & Innovation
* Builds Relationships
* Develops Talent
* Strategic Mindset
* Accountability & Stewardship
What we offer
CRS offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, vision, generous retirement savings plan and the opportunity to work in a collaborative, mission-driven culture that is committed to improving the lives of the poor throughout the world.
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
EOE/M/F/D/V - CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
About the Organization
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS's Agriculture and Livelihoods team supports farming communities using our Pathway to Prosperity approach, which enables rural families to increase their productivity within sustainable landscapes, achieve a living income and build more resilient communities.