Job Summary / Responsibilities:
- Provide technical leadership to FHI 360 program and country offices to ensure that programs are well designed, monitored and evaluated.
- Build the capacity of FHI 360 staff and local partners to appreciate the importance of strategic information, to develop systems that capture project performance and monitoring data, to conduct special quantitative and qualitative studies, and to analyze, interpret, and use data.
- Design or advise on appropriate evaluation and monitoring strategies, which may include the following: routine program monitoring systems, special quantitative and qualitative studies, implementation science, social network analyses, size estimations, second generation surveillance studies, modelling.
- Develop M&E and work plans, and advise on appropriate systems and tools, ensuring that M&E system implementation adheres to the appropriate global strategy and remains technically sound.
- Monitors and maintains protocols, instruments, data sets, manuals, training materials and reports.
- Analyze data from large quantitative datasets and contribute to the production of analytical and technical reports, presentations and related publications
- Contribute significantly to proposal development, and editing technical reports and documents.
- Collaborate with FHI 360 staff and partners to present and publish SI/M&E articles at relevant conferences and in peer-reviewed journals.
- Identifies areas for improved efficiency or effectiveness within prescribed parameters, and institutes enhancements to procedures.
- Participate in quality assurance and improvement exercises, including development of tools, regular measurement of performance according to those standards, and collaborative reviews to assess quality.
- Provides guidance in data visualization and analyzes data to identify important technical or data gaps. Work with relevant stakeholders to enhance data-driven decision-making related to optimal strategies and interventions.
- Serve as liaison to external organizations at professional meetings and conferences as assigned.
- Provides advice on ICT solutions for program M&E, that takes into consideration functionality, cost-efficiency and sustainability.
- Conduct searches of published literature on evolving issues in SI/M&E.
- Maintains a constructive dialogue and technical exchange with field counterparts and technical staff at implementing partner and strategic partner level
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with donor/client organizations, relevant government agencies, bilateral and other NGOs.
- MPH or equivalent with at least 5-8 years of experience providing technical assistance in or conducting and/or leading evaluations, quantitative or qualitative research, or implementation science studies in international settings.
- Experience with technical assistance in various disease areas in developing countries (TB a plus).
- Excellent English language, both written and spoken. Thai a plus.
- Statistical data analysis skills, proficiency with STATA or SAS
- Ability to manage projects, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of activities.
- Coordination, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proactive and independent approach to work, ability to maintain positive working relationships and willingness to undertake additional responsibilities as necessary, and work under pressure.
- Experience with business development a plus.
- A track record in peer review publications a plus.
- Ability to travel internationally a minimum of 25%.
- Experience with USAID SI/M&E a plus
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
About the Organization
About FHI 360: FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Technical Advisor, M&E