The Technical Design Lead will have overall technical oversight of the Zimbabwe DFSA proposal process and will be responsible for producing a high-quality technical volume for the DFSA, which is responsive the donor’s requirements and reflective of CRS best practices in DFSA design. This person will be required to make key technical decisions, develop design frameworks and coordinate all proposal team members and contributors in developing and prioritizing the overall technical approaches.
S/he should uphold CRS’ high program quality standards in developing the technical narrative, specifically ensuring compliance to CRS’ ProPack I standards, MEAL policies and procedures and other technical guidance.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
* Continuous Improvement & Innovation
* Builds Relationships
* Develops Talent
* Strategic Mindset
* Accountability & Stewardship
Key Working Relationships
Internal: Country Representative, Head of Programs, Proposal Coordinator, Lead Proposal Writer, In-country and Regional Sector Leads, MEAL Leads, SARO DRD-PQ, HQ STAs for Agriculture, Nutrition, WASH, Governance, Gender, Youth, and MEAL.
External: Partner organizations, Government stakeholders, Key personnel candidates, Private sector entities
Qualifications and Experience
* Master’s degree in business management, international development, or related field.
* Minimum of five years relevant international working experience in an advisory or management role with progressive responsibilities; experience in program design for large, multi-sectoral projects a plus.
* Experience with large CRS proposals and familiarity with ProPack
* Extensive understanding of CRS programming approaches and experience, and industry best practices
* Familiarity with USAID Food for Peace requirements and expectations; understanding of Theory of Change a plus
* Excellent team leadership, negotiation, facilitation and representation skills
* Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems.
* Ability to be in country for workshops and other major collaborative activities.
* Strong analytical and information management skills;
* Self-motivated, as well as a strong team player.
* Strong communications and presentation skills.
* Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented.
Physical Requirements/Environment: The position will be based in Harare, Zimbabwe
Duration: 6 months to 1 year
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
EOE/M/F/D/V - CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
About the Organization
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS's Agriculture and Livelihoods team supports farming communities using our Pathway to Prosperity approach, which enables rural families to increase their productivity within sustainable landscapes, achieve a living income and build more resilient communities.