IREX seeks a strategic and entrepreneurial New Business Technical Advisor to help grow its Information and Media portfolio. The position will support IREX’s work promoting vibrant information and media systems so people can make informed decisions, hold those in power accountable, and take actions to improve their lives. IREX works with information consumers and producers to ensure that people can engage with high-quality content through multiple channels – and freely act upon information that affects them.
This position will support business development efforts with multiple donors, including the United States government (USAID, DOS, etc.), other governments, foundations and the private sector. The role will focus on new business intelligence gathering, proposal strategy and project design, technical proposal writing, and cultivating partner and donor relationships. S/he is an integral part of the New Business Development team and reports to the Director of the NBDU.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Grow IREX’s Information and Media Portfolio through the development of innovative and compelling proposals
- Track and gain intelligence to advance IREX’s new business opportunities
- Design and write technical narratives, concepts, expressions of interest, and other documents in support of proposal submissions;
- Lead proposal development efforts to ensure quality and timely submissions;
- Cultivate relationships with partners and donors supporting independent media development and the fight against disinformation
- Review funding trends and intelligence to inform new business development strategy;
- Conduct reconnaissance trips to inform proposal design and strategy;
Skills And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree preferred
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience including new business development for donor funded initiatives;
- Experience designing and writing winning proposals for donor funded projects
- Technical expertise related to Information and Media work strongly preferred;
- Ability to manage proposal development efforts and ensure quality and timely submission;
- Ability to build effective partner consortia and teams for proposals;
- Willingness to travel to developing countries, estimated at up to 20% of the time;
- Strong analytical and writing skills and;
- Fluent, professional, written and spoken English required; other languages encouraged
Please visit https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=oJPPafwh&s=Devex to submit your CV for consideration.
About the Organization
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $90 million, offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 400. We work in more than 100 countries worldwide.