Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status. This position will support the measurement and learning needs of Palladium’s Data, Informatics and Analytical Solutions practice and other Palladium practices (Health and Economic Growth). Specifically, the position will support the MEASURE Evaluation project, the Kenya Tupime Kaunti project and the Measurement and Learning needs of the business development unit. The goal of the MEASURE Evaluation project is to improve health information systems (HIS) and the monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of health services to contribute to better health for people living in low-income countries. The goal of Tupime Kaunti is to improve HIS for monitoring and evaluating the health sector and to improve accountably
systems and data informed decision making in eight counties in Kenya. Support to the business development unit will result in improved M&E plans and approaches that respond to donor priorities.
The Technical Advisor has overall responsibility for assigned M&E, HIS and data use activities in support of MEASURE, Tupime Kaunti and the business development unit. S/he will develop project ME&L plans and strategies that comply with project requirements, USAID (or other donor) requirements and data quality standards. The Technical Advisor will have primary responsibility to develop project Performance Monitoring Plans (PMP) and assist country staff to implement those plans and monitor/evaluate overall project progress against the PMP and ensure project M&E milestones/deliverables. S/he will design and implement special studies and assessments as assigned. The Technical advisor will work closely with operations and other program staff to ensure that program activities are well implemented and sufficiently documented. This is a full-time position based in Washington, DC.
* Develop PMPs, Collaborative Learning and Adaptive management (CLA) plans, or other results frameworks for proposals to USAID and other donors.
* Work with country teams to implement PMPs including developing data collection systems and tools, designing and implementing baseline assessments, assisting with the development of quarterly reports and baseline assessments.
* Lead data use activities that include applying assessment tools, designing qualitative case studies, implementing capacity building strategies and providing training, assisting with data analysis and presentation, developing data-informed action plans and other technical assistance as requested.
* Develop programs, tools and curricula to strengthen leadership skills of governments, partners and country collaborators to develop information system governance structures and to use data to promote accountability.
* Coordinate with donors, local governments and other implementing partners to strengthen aspects of the HIS toward institutionalization of core HIS/M&E/data use project strategies, tools, trainings and approaches.
* Lead the design and implementation of quantitative and qualitative research related to health, economic development, information systems and/or data use, including study protocol, questionnaire development, consent forms, ethics review applications, data analysis and presentation of findings in multiple communication formats.
* Develop innovative approaches to visualize data in ways that meet the information needs of targeted data users within a health system as well as for other government ministries.
* Coordinate meetings and liaise with US government and other program staff across organizations to carry out activities as required.
* Assist with monitoring, evaluation and reporting activities to partner and donor agencies. Prepare success stories, case studies and other knowledge management products as required.
* Design and implement training workshops, manage ongoing mentoring, monitor quality of data collection efforts, and document beneficiary applications of new skills.
* Identify Informatics, Communication and Technology (ICT) training needs.
* Support M&E needs of health and economic growth programs as needed.
* Post graduate degree in Public Health, international development, public policy, or related field;
* At least 5 years professional experience in monitoring, evaluation and research of USAID funded public health programs, especially in activities leading to effective management of health information systems at national and sub-national levels;
* Experience working with health information systems in multiple countries, such as the District Health Information System-2 (DHIS-2), Design and Analysis Toolkit for Inventory and Monitoring (DATIM) or other software platforms;
* Experience strengthening HIS governance structures and using data for accountability;
* Experience strengthening the demand for data and facilitating the use of information in the decision-making process;
* Demonstrated skills in design and management of qualitative and quantitative research; experience in multiple methodologies strongly preferred;
* Demonstrated experience developing PMPs, CLA plans or other results frameworks.
* Knowledge of and experience with economic and health growth programs desirable;
* Demonstrated skills in capacity building through technical assistance and coaching. This includes strong skills in public speaking, curriculum development, and delivering trainings and workshops;
* Demonstrated skills in analyzing, interpreting and communicating information to a variety of stakeholders. Applicants should describe experience developing briefs to communicate different types of data to different groups of stakeholders;
* Willingness to travel up to 25% internationally.
About the Organization
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.