Technical Advisor, Monitoring of Infrastructure Projects, Performance Management Support Contract (PERFORM), Pakistan
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance, and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations, and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
In May 2015, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) awarded a five-year performance management support contract – PERFORM to Management Systems International (MSI). Under PERFORM MSI provides monitoring support, evaluations, assessments, and learning support services to USAID. These services provide evidence-based data and information and high-quality analysis that USAID program managers use to target resources and inform project design and implementation to improve project results and achieve objectives.
**This position is open to all qualified candidates, expatriate and/or national citizens of Pakistan **
MSI is anticipated to conduct an infrastructure assessment of on-going and completed infrastructure projects in the selected areas of Pakistan – Sindh, Balochistan, Gilgit-Baltistan, FATA, and Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa. The main objective of the assessment is to verify and validate the various components of the USAID infrastructure program.
MSI is seeking a qualified senior Technical Advisor to provide specialized technical advice and guidance to the Team Leader and the team of field monitors/civil engineers engaged under the assignment. The Technical Advisor should be an experienced evaluator/assessor with expert knowledge of the effects of infrastructure improvements and an appreciation for the context of USAID’s work in Pakistan.
- The Technical Advisor will provide high level technical support and guidance to the Team Leader and field monitoring team, drawing on the strengths of individual team members to produce the best possible infrastructure assessment report.
- The Advisor will work with the assessment Team Leader and MSI staff to:
- Design the assessment approach and
- Develop and refine data collection instruments, a data collection plan, and a data analysis plan.
- The Advisor will be responsible for:
- Participating in key stakeholder’s discussions at the targeted infrastructure sites.
- Senior technical advisory support for technical and quantitative data analysis.
- Presenting results to USAID.
- Writing reports and briefing papers.
- The Technical Advisor will provide senior level support to the Team Lead for completing high-quality reporting deliverables within the stipulated timeframe and meeting key milestones during the course of the assessment.
- The Technical Advisor in his/her capacity as the senior assessment team member, will travel to the field to support the assessment team, as needed.
- At least a master’s degree in a relevant civil engineering/architecture/urban planning field and a minimum 15 years of relevant professional experience, or a Ph.D. with at least 10 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience in evaluation assessments and project/team management.
- Sector-specific infrastructure experience is a must, including design, implementation and appraisal of vertical structure, road construction or water systems construction engineering projects.
- Familiarity with USAID and USAID evaluation policy.
- Excellent analytical and personal communication skills.
- Excellent English writing skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of local languages including Pushto, Sindhi, and/or Balochi is a plus.
- Experience working in complex environments.
*Position will be filled on a rolling basis*
Candidates that have a real or potential conflict of interest will not be considered for this position. MSI will require a written statement to this effect before formal engagement on this position. Conflict of interest in this context includes, but is not limited to: close and/or family relations with the individuals that are related to the project, financial interest in the implementing organization(s) or grantees, current or previous experience with the project or the USAID requesting office, etc.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com