Job Title: Technical Advisor – OTI M&E
Department/Location: Crisis, Conflict and Governance Department, Vienna VA
Reports To: Project Director
Type: Regular Full-Time
IBTCI is seeking Technical Advisor to oversee monitoring and evaluation activities for an anticipated support contract for the USAID Office of Transition Initiatives (USAID/OTI). The position is expected to be full-time based in an IBTCI office in the Washington DC metro area.
**This position is contingent upon award.**
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Oversee task order services and personnel, including evaluation teams;
- Serve as subject matter expert on monitoring and evaluation in conflict and transition environments;
- Provide high-level technical support for ongoing evaluations, research, trainings, or other M&E related activities and tasks;
- Serve as key interlocutor with USAID/OTI on the overall M&E service strategy; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication, team management, and leadership skills;
- Demonstrated knowledge of OTI programming;
- Willingness and ability to travel to fragile or conflict-prone areas; and
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Five (5) years of experience designing and implementing monitoring and evaluation systems and processes;
- Two (2) yeas of overseas experience working in a developing country experiencing conflict, political transition, or instability; and
- Experience designing monitoring and evaluation systems for, or evaluating, political programming.
Education: Master’s Degree in Monitoring & Evaluation, governance, public policy or a related field.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position may include supervisory responsibilities
Travel: International travel may be required to fragile and conflict-prone zones.
Work Authorization: Must be authorized to work in the U.S.A. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
About the Organization
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.