Job Title: Technical Advisor I – PSEA & Protection Mainstreaming
Department: Humanitarian Response Department
Reports To: Technical Advisor (TAII) PSEA
Country/Location: HQ-Baltimore or International Telecommuting
CRS is currently implementing an OFDA-funded two-year capacity strengthening project entitled “Strengthening Partners’ Protection Against Sexual Abuse and Exploitation through Protection Mainstreaming (SPSEA)”. The aim of the project is to provide direct capacity building support to 30 local/national organizations in the disaster-prone countries of Indonesia, Philippines and Haiti to operationalize policies, systems and structures needed to effectively prevent and address issues of sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA) within their organizations and the communities they serve. CRS is anticipating the approval of a cost modification to include the Democratic Republic of Congo in the program, adding 6 new partners to the program for a period of 12 months (with an expected extension next year).
You will provide technical advice and support to Haiti and DRC country programs and partners on Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) and Protection Mainstreaming (PM) in line with the program goals and objectives, and with Catholic Relief Services (CRS) program quality principles and standards, donor guidelines, and industry best practices to Country Program (CP) teams to advance the delivery of high-quality programming to the poor and vulnerable. Your advice, knowledge, and support will provide capacity strengthening for partners and country teams in PSEA and PM. You will be part of the global Humanitarian Response Department, within the Protection Technical team.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
* Master’s Degree in Social Sciences, International Development or another related field required.
* Minimum of three years relevant work experience with progressive responsibilities, ideally with an international NGO, with minimum of two years relevant field-based experience in PSEA and/or PM.
* Knowledge of technical principles, concepts and international standards in PSEA and PM. General knowledge of other related disciplines to ensure proper cross-sectoral approach.
* Experience in project design and proposal development. Experience in writing content for proposals.
* Experienced trainer/teacher of adults and multi-cultural groups
* Experienced in establishing a feedback mechanism is an asset
* Knowledge of capacity strengthening best practices and partnership building.
* Experience with program monitoring and evaluation and analysis.
* Excellent written and spoken communication skills in French and English required
* Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point)
* Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to navigate the humanitarian coordination system
* Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently
* Candidates from/presently based in one of the project implementing countries preferred, but not required.
* Experience and skills in networking and relations with donors, peer organizations, and faith-based and civil society partners. Understanding of partnership principles.
Required Foreign Language:
Travel Required 50%
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
* Continuous Improvement & Innovation
* Builds Relationships
* Develops Talent
* Strategic Mindset
* Accountability & Stewardship
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
EOE/M/F/D/V - CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
About the Organization
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS's Agriculture and Livelihoods team supports farming communities using our Pathway to Prosperity approach, which enables rural families to increase their productivity within sustainable landscapes, achieve a living income and build more resilient communities.